(August 10, 2012) THX cineSpace and Socrates Digital Video are pleased to announce The Color Management Class in Amsterdam. This class will be held at the Netherlandse Film and Television Acadamy, Markenplein 1, 1011 MV Amsterdam.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about best practices for color management, display calibration and emulation.
This two-day course will provide participants with a working knowledge in color management for digital film & video production, digital intermediate (DI) & video post production, visual effects (VFX), HD & film print dailies, as well as digital projection. The class is lead by THX’s Michael Chenery, a leading color science expert in the digital cinema and video industry. Sign up today.
Professionals in the video and feature film industry responsible for quality control of color across the entire production / post-production workflow, including:
- VFX production supervisors
- VFX artists
- DI post-production engineers
- CGI/VFX software developers
- Digital imaging technicians (DITs)
Participants will receive an introductory background into color science and color theory and color models including XYZ, RGB and YCbCr, XvYcc. Participants will also learn about, gamma, logarithmic and linear encoding including Rec709, RedLog, Panalog, ArriLog, FilmStream and sLog. The two-day course features hands on practice of transforming data between color models, profiling display technology including digital projection, building look up tables (LUTs), and implementing color management practices.
New 2012 course content includes:
Dates & Location
- IIF / ACES workflow: Why it was created and how to implement; learn the concept of input (scene) referred vs. output (display) referred workflows
- Display optimization (calibration): How best to use the controls available to set up a display as close as possible to Rec.709 with or without the use of a probe. Display optimization is important before profiling as well as in situations where a color management system (CMS) is not available and a display needs to be as close to Rec.709 as feasible without a CMS
Wednesday, September 5th: 9.00am-5.30pm
Thursday, September 6th: 9.00am-5.30pm
Nederlandse Film en Televisie Academie,
1011 MV Amsterdam
2-Day Class: EUR 650.00 (Cost includes tuition, course materials)
If you’re interested in registering for the THX Color Management course being held in Amsterdam, September 5-6, please call or email either of the following:
Pieter Braaijweg 77
1099 DK Amsterdam
+1 317 373-6064
Full pre-pay registration, EUR 650 payment to be made to Socrates before September 1.
Please be aware that if minimum capacity is not reached by August 18, the class may be cancelled