(Oslo, Norway--August 28, 2012) T-VIPS, a global leader in Digital Terrestrial TV solutions, announces that Arqiva, a UK based communications infrastructure and media services company, has selected the TNS547 DTT Monitor for key transmitter sites in the UK DVB-T2 network. With the deployment of the TNS547, Arqiva will deliver state of the art monitoring to ensure the highest quality viewing experience.
“Transmitting HD video over the DVB-T2 Freeview HD network has been a resounding success,” said Peter Heslop, Director of DSO Programme, Arqiva. “T-VIPS has been an instrumental part of the project and they have delivered best of breed solutions to Arqiva. They combine unfailing quality and professionalism with a collaborative and cooperative approach.”
The TNS547 is designed to ensure the delivery of high-quality video content by simplifying the monitoring and analysis of DVB-T2 transport streams and services throughout a terrestrial network.
“We’re proud to have been chosen again by Arqiva. We are committed to delivering innovative terrestrial solutions designed in collaboration with our customers to address their business requirements and resolve real-life challenges. Robustness and reliability are core values for us and we are delighted to work with Arqiva to ensure the delivery of high quality services to their clients and viewers,” said Johnny Dolvik, CEO of T-VIPS.
The T-VIPS TNS547 provides efficient monitoring of all major interfaces, formats and layers found in DVB terrestrial networks. The monitoring and analysis features enable fast fault-detection and diagnostics. With its intuitive and user friendly interface the TNS547 improves operational efficiency and network reliability.
T-VIPS has been designing solutions for DVB-T2 networks since the standard was first adopted. With support for SFN operation, single or multiple PLP operation and both ASI and IP transport, T-VIPS has delivered systems for multiple networks across Europe and in Africa and the APAC region.
Key Features of the TNS547 DTT Monitor
· Analysis and monitoring of transmitter input and output signals for up to six multiplexes
· Up to two demodulators for advanced measurements on DVB-T and DVB-T2 signals
· Extensive RF measurements including input level, carrier frequency offset, SNR, MER, BER and FER (DVB-T2)
· Graphical display of Channel Spectrum, Constellation Diagram and Channel Impulse Response
· Template monitoring of transmission parameters
· Advanced TS and T2-MI monitoring and analysis, enabling continuous monitoring of transmitter feeds.