(San Jose, California--September 3, 2012) Xilinx, Inc.
(NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced it will introduce programmable solutions that improve system integration and allow its users to more quickly develop new features into their broadcast systems at IBC 2012, Stand #10.B25, Hall 10, September 6-11 at the RAI Exhibition and Congress Centre.
What: IBC 2012
Where: Amsterdam, Netherlands, RAI Exhibition and Congress Centre, Stand #10.B25, Hall 10
When: Conference – September 6-11, 2012
Exhibits – September 7-11, 2012
As a growing number of consumers are demanding better video quality at faster speeds, broadcast engineers are faced with the challenges of providing cost-effective, high performance video, audio and network systems. In a broadcast landscape where trends are constantly changing, it becomes more imperative for these engineers to implement more flexible solutions in their systems. To help this need, Xilinx will spotlight All Programmable devices and software that enable flexible adaptation throughout design and into production to meet ever evolving industry content delivery and display standards.
Visitors at Xilinx's booth will be able to see how they can boost designer productivity by using Xilinx® FPGAs
and Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoCs
, which provide engineers with high bandwidth connectivity and processing capabilities as well as programmable features so that engineers can concentrate on product differentiation, getting to market faster, and creating more integrated, high performance systems that enable broadcast equipment such as cameras, switchers, multiviewers, and displays. In collaboration with its broadcast Xilinx Alliance Program
members, Xilinx will showcase the following demonstrations:
Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Demonstration
– Will run OmniTek's 2D graphics core, with a Qt Linux build and a browser hosting the web page generated from the KC705 to control the multiviewer.
Kintex™-7 FPGA Real-Time Video Engine – Platform from Certified Xilinx Alliance Program member, OmniTek, which implements a new multiviewer reference design that uses optimized pipelining technology to display up to eight video streams on a single output screen under the control of an on-board monitoring and operating system.
- Spartan®-6 FPGA Real-Time Video Engine – Reference design that performs upscaling, downscaling and cross conversion on input video streams, giving users the ability to convert between different video standards.
- SMPTE 2022-5/-6 LogiCORE™ IP – IP cores that enable the adoption of lower cost Ethernet networks for transporting uncompressed video. Using Virtex®-6 and now Kintex-7 FPGAs, these cores have the ability to transmit up to three 3G-SDI or six HD-SDI video streams at the same time over a single 10 Gb/s fiber connection.
- Spartan-6 FPGA Digital TV Modulation – Platform from Xilinx Alliance Program member, Tecnoroll, which showcases modulation IP cores from other Xilinx Alliance Program members for DVB, ATSC and other regional digital television transmission standards.
- Vivado™ High-Level Synthesis – Tool that accelerates design implementation by directly targeting algorithms written in C, C++, and SystemC into FPGAs. Xilinx will showcase how the Vivado High-Level Synthesis tool allows for easy design space exploration of power, throughput and performance with new algorithms.
- Display Targeted Design Platform – Powered by Xilinx Kintex-7 devices and display reference designs from Premier Xilinx Alliance Program member,Tokyo Electron Device (TED), this targeted design platform allows makers of professional studio monitors, high-end consumer displays, and emerging display technologies to seamlessly stitch together four streams of 1080p content into 4K multiviewers, or upscale a single stream of 1080p content to full 4K resolution.
# # #
IBC is the leading global tradeshow for professionals engaged in the creation, management and delivery of broadcasting media and entertainment. The event's unparalleled exhibition and agenda setting conference encompass the very latest developments in broadcasting, mobile TV, IPTV, digital signage and R&D making it essential for everyone's understanding of the industry and its future.
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit http://www.xilinx.com