(Amsterdam IBC, Netherlands--September 10, 2012) Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today unveiled a series of critical new advances to its integrated solutions for advanced asset-based workflows. Spanning distributed production, media management, and storage, Avid is demonstrating how customers in news, TV, sports, and post-production can more effectively produce and distribute high quality content.
Among these solutions is Interplay® MAM (Media Asset Management) Active Archive, a solution package that delivers essential Interplay MAM technology to support key workflows centered on a core archive capability. Comprised of software, workflow automation, partner integrations, and professional services, Interplay MAM Active Archive lets media producers easily customize the system to their needs, expand workflows, and add system integrations, and clients as needed.
According to Dana Ruzicka, vice president of segment and product marketing at Avid, “We’re giving our customers everything they need to quickly install and implement a complete archiving solution.”
Additional Advances in Asset-Based Solutions
Avid has also introduced a significant number of updates to its asset-based workflow solutions, including:
Interplay Production 2.7
Advancing the ability of production groups to create content more collaboratively and automate workflows, Interplay Production 2.7 now supports Interplay Sphere, ISIS 2000, Avid DNxHD 85/100, and Media Composer® 6.5/NewsCutter® 10.5. Interplay Production 2.7 also features greater workflow flexibility and capacity, support for multiple ISIS installations.
Enhancing the ability of sports teams to build fan excitement and strong franchise brands, InGame® 1.5 now supports Avid DNxHD 85/100, widely used in sports production for its optimal balance between excellent image quality and storage efficiency. Avid has also added the same support for Media Composer, NewsCutter, Avid Interplay Production, Interplay Central, InGame and AirSpeed® 5000.
AirSpeed 5000 2.1
Enhancing its ability to automate ingest and playback for both Avid and third-party editors, AirSpeed 5000 2.1 now includes more economical two-channel HD models, as well as multiple ISIS system and Avid DNxHD 85/100 support. It also accelerates HD and SD workflow with ingest and playout of multiple video formats while delivering reliable master control service and supporting standalone operation with Avid and third-party editing systems for smaller news production environments.
Building on its industry leading newsroom management, news creation and playback control capabilities, iNEWS 4.0 introduces greater scalability with capacity to handle 130% more stories, and enhanced Media Object Server (MOS) support for increased flexibility in news workflows.
Pricing & Availability
- Interplay MAM Active Archive: Interplay MAM Active Archive is now available. Pricing for the solution bundle is $275,000 GRP. To learn more, visit http://www.avid.com/US/products/InterplayMAM4/activearchive.
- Interplay Production 2.7: Interplay Production is available in configurations that serve entry level to enterprise customers who are seeking to raise efficiency, increase output, and address new business opportunities. Pricing starts $53,000 for a 10-seat turnkey package. To learn more, visit http://www.avid.com/US/products/interplay-production.
- Avid InGame 1.5: Pricing for Avid InGame starts at $259,995 GRP. The Avid InGame solution is now available in the U.S. through key sports-qualified systems integrators who bring deep focus and expertise in the sports market. The Avid InGame solution is available through Avid Elite Reseller partners. To learn more, visit http://www.avid.com/US/products/ingame.
- AirSpeed 5000 2.1: AirSpeed 5000 2.1 starts at $40,000 (GRP), and is now available. To learn more, visit http://www.avid.com/US/products/AirSpeed-5000.
- iNEWS 4.0: iNEWS 4.0 starts at $34,095 (GRP) and is expected to be available later this month. To learn more, visit http://www.avid.com/US/products/iNEWS.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid’s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Interplay®, ISIS®, VENUE, Sibelius® and System 5. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit http://www.avid.com,
connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
; or subscribe to Avid Buzz
© 2012 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are USMSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, the Avid logo, Digi 002, Digi 003, Interplay, ISIS, Mbox, Media Composer, Pro Tools and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S.and/or other countries.