(Park Ridge, New Jersey--November 28, 2012) Sony Electronics has announced suggested list pricing for its newest CineAlta™ 4K cameras – the PMW-F55 and PMW-F5 – as well as related 4K accessories. These new technologies, announced in late October to tremendous industry response, are designed to meet the growing demand for HD, 2K and 4K content creation across a wide range of professional applications.|
The suggested U.S. list pricing for the new products, planned to be available in February, are:
• PMW-F5 CineAlta 4K Camera $19,400
• PMW-F55 CineAlta 4K Camera $34,900
• AXR-R5 RAW Recorder $6,300
• AXS-512S24 512Gb Memory Card $2,100
• AXS-CR1 card reader $660
• DVF -EL100 OLED Viewfinder $5,800
• DVF-F350 3.5” LCD Viewfinder $3,800
• DVF-L700 LCD viewfinder $5,000
• SCL-PK6/F PL mount six lens package $24,600
• SCL-PK3/F PL mount three lens package $13,600
Sony also plans to introduce the PVM-X300 30-inch 4K professional monitor in February 2013, with list pricing to be announced.
“The F55 and F5 join Sony’s family of large-sensor cameras that complement each other and deliver powerful, new capabilities to professionals working at every level of production,” said Rob Willox, Director of Marketing for large-image sensor cameras at Sony Electronics. “These cameras give production professionals the most compressive toolkit available from one manufacturer. The large sensor line-up now spans from the FS100, FS700 and F3, to the new F5 and F55 to the flagship F65, and gives content creators incredible flexibility and creative options for acquisition in HD, 2K, 4K and beyond. The total line-up, with our new accessories, further underscores Sony’s commitment to supporting every aspect of the highest-quality workflows.”
• Both cameras are equipped (with different) 4K Super35mm CMOS sensors. These state-of-the-art sensors capture 14-stops of exposure latitude with high resolution and fine tonal gradations
• The F55 can capture 4K and QFHD XAVC internally on SxS Pro+ cards up to 60p. When using the optional AXS-R5, the F55 can record up to 60fps in 16Bit linear RAW
• The PMW-F5 and PMW-F55 camcorders can internally record high frame rate HD and 2K XAVC at up to 120fps (F5) or 180fps (F55). When recording 16-bit 2K RAW to the optional AXS R5, frame rates up to 120fps (F5) or 240fps (F55) are possible
• The F55 can output 4K HDMI, SDI using both the SDI(Main) and SDI(Sub) when in the 4K recording mode and can monitor 4K up to 30p
• The PMW-F5 and F55 both employ HDMI V1.4a for monitoring. Using the HDMI 1.4a, the F5 can output 2K and HD up to 60p. The F55 can additionally output 4K on HDMI up to 30p.
For more information on all CineAlta and the F5 and F55 cameras, please visit http://www.sony.com/35mm.