(December 17, 2012) Today Autodesk announced the latest extension release for Flame 20th Anniversary Edition Software - a major redesign of its premier VFX software that is a part of Autodesk Flame Premium 2013. Extension 2 includes new features and performance enhancements based on customer feedback. Available to current users with active subscription contracts, these enhancements refine the high-end visual effects and finishing workflow, accelerating production and enabling greater creativity.
Key feature and performance enhancements in the extension include:
- Support for Apple® ProRes - Natively decode ProRes files on a local workstation in Flame and Flame Premium
- Support for 16-bit DPX workflows - Bring 16-bit integer files like the Academy Density Exchange Encoding (ADX) 16-bit log DPX files and promote them to 16-bit floating point linear on the fly
- Clip Reveal and Clip Protect - Quickly and easily identify clips in the timeline and lock Media Library clips from editing
- User-driven project saving - Manually save projects at any time
- Preserve handles when matching a timeline source - Match a timeline source and preserve trimming operations
- Explicit YUV Headroom - Include YUV headroom when importing and exporting YUV media files
- Accelerated browsing in MediaHub - Move seamlessly between media and finishing tools
- Improved library memory management - Optimize and manage memory performance; Close unused libraries to release memory for other purposes
- Faster DNxHD in MXF File Export
The extension also features a number of other desktop, snapshot and player enhancements. For more information visit the Flame Premium product center
, join the Flame Community on AREA
or friend us on our Facebook
Extension 2 is anticipated to be available to subscription customers on December 17, 2012. Current subscription customers will be able to download the applicable extension for the licensed 2013 software when available.