(Hollywood, California--December 23, 2012) Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, today announced its plans for CES 2013 in Las Vegas, highlighting how the company is bringing the best of its innovation across the globe into new applications for enhancing content discovery and consumption experiences on every screen.
Technicolor has a storied history, creating some of Hollywood’s first color movies such as “The Wizard of Oz” but also the latest blockbusters like “Skyfall”. Today, Technicolor continues to transform the entertainment experience - to bring its expertise to consumers on all their screens with an intuitive way to find content from every source and with the signature Hollywood style.
Technicolor CES 2013 showcases includes:
- Enhancing How Content is Evaluated: Technicolor is using advanced biometric technology to measure how people are truly reacting to on-screen content by measuring emotion in real time. It is an industry-first and recently tested live in Europe and the US. By showing some examples of the results, Technicolor will illustrate how this exploratory project could change the way movies, commercials and TV shows are developed, produced and distributed to the public.
- Enhancing Content experience for the Home: Technicolor’s Magic Ruby synchronizes second-screen content with live broadcast content, opening access to an additional world of information on the tablet. The application can also interact with social networks, enabling users to post comments, share content and stay connected as they watch their programs. Finally, the application includes an e-commerce function, enabling fans to purchase items related to their favorite program right from their tablet.
- Enhancing Color Science: CineStyle Color Assist brings Hollywood movie-making to prosumers and consumers, allowing high quality, easy-to-use color correction for videographers of all skill-sets.
- Enhancing How Content is Discovered and Watched at Home and On the Go: M-GO, a new pay-as-you-go digital entertainment service, makes it easier than ever for consumers to browse, rent, buy and enjoy the broadest, newest and best selection of movies and TV shows on the devices they use and choose.
- And last but not least…. Have you ever wanted a way to bridge your home devices and apps all together seamlessly? Stay tuned for a specific announcement on January 7, 2012.
Technicolor will be located at booth #8531 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Attendees and press are invited to reach the press contact below to book slots and meet Technicolor representatives for more detail and insight on how these technologies are changing the entertainment experience for consumers.
Not attending CES? Stay connected with Technicolor:
Technicolor on Twitter
Technicolor on Facebook
Technicolor on Google +
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging and sound technologies, based on a thriving licensing business. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters and homes.