(Cambridge, Massachusetts--March 28, 2013) GenArts® Inc., the global leader in specialized visual effects software, today released Sapphire 7. This new release provides users with greater control, increased speed, and an expanding arsenal of effects; empowering users to create higher quality effects in less time.
Key innovations in Sapphire 7
- New and enhanced effects—EdgeAwareBlur, Beauty, Advanced Sharpen, PanAndZoom (available on Avid only), LensFlare, Zap, MotionBlur, and the following transitions:FilmRoll, CardFlip, and FlutterCut
- Speed enhancements – Added CUDA GPU support for more plug-ins and optimized GPU code to provide overall speed increases
- More presets – Artists and editors can save time with more than 2,500 presets (double the number available with Sapphire 6)
- Preset sharing – For the first time in Sapphire, users can share presets across host platforms
- Real time rendering (Avid only) - Most of the effects in Sapphire 7 for Avid have real time rendering capabilities
"Working interactively with clients on many projects, it is essential for us to have responsive tools that work quickly, without compromising quality," says Kieran Walsh, Creative Director and Partner at Carbon VFX. "Sapphire 7 delivers that speed and reliability we've come to expect from GenArts, but the powerful new tools and enhancements take the product to a whole new level of sophistication."
The release of Sapphire 7 comes just in time for NAB Show 2013, where GenArts will be debuting the new software at their booth.
: NAB Show 2013
: April 8-11, 2013
: GenArts Booth No. SL4224, Las Vegas Convention Center
Customers can inquire about scheduling one-on-on demos of Sapphire 7at NAB by visiting genarts.com.
Established in 1996, GenArts, Inc
. provides groundbreaking visual effects to motion graphic artists, compositors, and editors in post-production houses and broadcast networks globally. Sapphire seamlessly integrates as software plug-ins into leading editing and compositing systems from Adobe, Apple, Avid, Autodesk, Assimilate, Eyeon, FilmLight, The Foundry, Quantel and SGO; and is used by customers like Framestore, The Mill, ABC, BBC, and ESPN.