(San Francisco, California--April 9, 2013) At NAB 2013, Grass Valley® will launch a new software update for its GV STRATUS® nonlinear production application framework. This update includes a powerful set of new tools which offers increased functionality with a highly configurable user experience. GV STRATUS sets a new standard in facilitating integrated end-to-end nonlinear production. GV STRATUS takes file-based productions to the next level by leveraging the unique combination of Grass Valley user knowledge, engineering excellence, and product portfolio.
NEW in GV STRATUS
- Supports seamless processing and delivery of content to second-screen and multi-screen distribution platforms
- Enables customers to segment content for the Cobalt playlist management used by Grass Valley K2 Edge playout nodes to insert promos and commercials
- Permits tagging content on the fly by selecting marks while recording from multiple cameras sources with one click and having the marks instantly available to all users
- Delivery of content for web platforms. GV STRATUS now assists in processing content for multiple types of destinations. A workflow engine permits triggers to be set manually at any point during productions or configured to automatically create transcoded video, rich metadata, and close captioning files for various web publishing needs. GV STRATUS makes this possible without complex processes and extra “glueware” that can be prone to errors and hard to maintain. The integrated GV STRATUS workflow engine and job monitoring makes sure everything happens smoothly and transparently. This simplifies the editorial process by enabling program producers to deal with the distribution path—as well as the end user experience—within the context of their existing workflow.
- Integration with Grass Valley Smart Playout Center. When using the superior GV STRATUS toolset for ingesting and preparing content, a new Segmentation tool enables users to manage content by marking segments in any clip to be imported downstream by the Cobalt playlist management application to easily insert promos and commercials for playback. Another playout enhancement is that BXF traffic lists can now be used with GV STRATUS so that content can be linked to house numbers and permit Smart Playout Center to fetch selected content to the K2 Edge playout nodes for playback when needed. With the ability to archive content in MXF, a complete ingest/playout/ archive workflow is managed by GV STRATUS.
- Tag content from multiple ISO cameras. The current Channel Panel tool which is capable of gang record with live monitoring of all ingest channels, has been extended with the addition of a single channel or ganged channels marking tool. While recording, operators can tag content on the fly. When recording from one or multiple cameras, marks can be inserted at points of interest with one click and the marks are instantly available to all users with low resolution browsers, low resolution editors, and high resolution editors.
- Migration of Grass Valley Aurora® systems. All archive content, proxy files, and metadata can be moved from an existing Aurora system to a GV STRATUS system. This permits a facility to have a smooth transition to a newer state-of-the-art news production system without losing preexisting content.
- Other enhancements include enabling users to accelerate searches and take greater control over their systems.
Because of its nature and design, GV STRATUS is helping users to mix more types of productions by utilizing a unified production asset management system and toolset combination. This makes GV STRATUS the only solution capable of handling any kind of production need, and establishes it as the benchmark in usability; thereby reducing training costs and enabling users to be more efficient.
“Content is no longer made for just one screen—operators now face a number of challenges in order to meet the demands of a more dispersed, multi-screen, multiplatform audience,” said Mike Cronk, Senior Vice President, Marketing at Grass Valley. “They need to be able to send content across numerous distribution channels at the same time, despite the varying requirements for image size, quality, and overall systems management.”
GV STRATUS is an innovative application framework for nonlinear production tools that media production organizations use to increase productivity, reduce errors, and enhance the creative process. Unlike typical applications, each user is presented with a highly customizable interface with only the tools needed for their specific task and authorization level based on their login credentials. With GV STRATUS’s robust production asset management capabilities, content and rich metadata are captured and tracked throughout the lifetime of the asset, enabling efficient sharing and repurposing. In addition, because GV STRATUS has a powerful rules engine, workflow tasks may be easily automated freeing users to focus on creating high quality content. The forward thinking approach of GV STRATUS for made to order, file-based workflows is enhancing the business models of news, live, and playout media production organizations worldwide.
Grass Valley is exhibiting at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show in Las Vegas from April 8-11 2013, in the South Hall lower level, booth SL206
About Grass Valley
For more than 50 years, the Grass Valley name has been synonymous with innovation, leadership, and performance. Our full range of solutions and services is unmatched in the industry, leveraging the economies of scale of the IT industry with our proprietary core knowledge of media processing and storage. Grass Valley customers include most of the world's leading broadcasters, teleproduction facilities, and service providers, as well as independent video professionals who rely on our products to cover the world's most high-profile live events, as well as to benefit from efficiencies in day-to-day operations. When you’re watching news, sports, or entertainment programming—whether on a TV, the web, or a mobile device—you’re watching Grass Valley at work in today's connected world.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit http://www.grassvalley.com