(Las Vegas NAB Show, Nevada--April 7, 2013) Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) Booth #SU902, today announced Avid Interplay® Production 3.0. The latest version of the industry-standard production asset management solution simplifies and speeds file-based workflows for post production and broadcast customers. Additionally, Avid Interplay Sphere now includes Mac support, providing complete access to everything contributors need to create content wherever they are.
Accelerating high-quality production while lowering costs, Interplay Production
3.0 offers entirely new workgroup capabilities that give editors the freedom to concentrate on creating the highest quality content in the least amount of time.
“The high shooting ratios and multiple camera angles of Reality TV and unscripted programming pose enormous challenges in managing and logging more media than ever before,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Services at Avid. “With Interplay Production 3.0, we’re tackling these challenges like nobody else in the industry.”
Key Interplay Production 3.0 features include:
Interplay Sphere for Mac
- MultiCam project support — Logging and sequence generation of MultiCam projects can be done from anywhere through the browser-based UI. It also supports simultaneous playback of up to nine angles with full audio handling and group clips with up to 18 total angles.
- Interplay Central unified client — Customers can use the standard Unified Client with Interplay Production and optionally extend to iNEWS®. Now contributors everywhere can easily search, browse, create, annotate, and review content from any location.
- Messaging with deep links — Integration with Media Composer® allows editors and producers to communicate fluidly using the Interplay Production messaging system to exchange asset links and notes throughout the workgroup, speeding pre-planning, review, and approval.
- New 64-bit engine — 64-bit Interplay Engine addresses expanding workgroup asset counts with support for 10 million files, and delivers greater performance for installations of every size.
- Avid Media Access (AMA) support — The speed and efficiency of AMA now extends to Interplay Production. A single command relinks a sequence to the original native media without transcoding.
Extending real-time production everywhere, Interplay Sphere now features full Mac support, giving Mac-based editors the same creative capability and experience they would have in their home facility, regardless of platform or location.
New solution packages for small workgroups
Two breakthrough solution packages combining the power of Interplay, ISIS® and Media Composer—configured specifically for small post and broadcast workgroups—will be available with the release of Interplay Production 3.0. Extending the Avid Everywhere vision, and delivering unprecedented collaborative capability, the first solution package includes five seats of Interplay Production; ISIS 5000 15TB; three Media Composer seats; installation services; and one year of ExpertPlus support with hardware coverage at the breakthrough price point of $49,900 USD. The second solution package delivers even more value with ten seats of Interplay Production; Interplay Sphere; ISIS 5000 32TB; four Media Composer seats; one Symphony seat; installation services; and one year of ExpertPlus support with hardware coverage for $89,900 USD. Both solution packages are expected to be available in June 2013.
Interplay Production 3.0 and the Interplay Sphere option with Mac support are expected to be available in June 2013. For more information, click here