(San Jose, California--March 20, 2013) Quantum Corp. (NYSE:QTM), a proven global expert in big data management and data protection, today announced plans to unveil two new highly scalable, long-term content preservation options for StorNext®-based systems at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) conference next month.
Quantum’s Lattus™-M disk archive incorporates object storage technology to serve as an active nearline archive and enable rapid retrieval of content and assets for repurposing in a StorNext-managed environment. With Lattus-M as a new archive tier, content can automatically move between online primary disk, object storage and tape, including the StorNext AEL Archive. Additionally, Quantum is introducing a new High Density (HD) module which will enable the StorNext AEL6000 Archive to provide policy-based tiering to an LTO archive with slot densities that are twice those offered by competitors. Quantum’s new Lattus-M and StorNext AEL6000 HD are built to provide scalable onsite and globally distributed content preservation choices for managing petabytes of video assets created and maintained by post production facilities, broadcasters, and other organizations where video plays a central role.
At NAB booth #SL9016, Quantum will demonstrate how StorNext leverages object storage technology in Lattus-M to enable a policy-based nearline archive. By seamlessly moving assets from archive to work-in-process at nearly primary online disk speeds, Lattus-M provides tremendous value for content preservation. Quantum will also highlight several customer use cases, including one from Ultimate Fighting Championship, where StorNext is the underlying technology that serves as the platform for a complete end-to-end content workflow. NAB will take place at the Las Vegas Convention Center, April 8-11.
Lattus-M Wide Area Storage
Ideal for multi-petabyte digital asset preservation environments, Lattus-M combines next-generation object storage technology with the automatic tiering capabilities of StorNext Storage Manager™. As part of a StorNext-managed content archive, Lattus-M offers a new nearline storage option that is more durable than RAID with self-healing and protection capabilities and lower latency for predictably fast retrieval times at a price more typical of long-term storage. Other Lattus-M benefits include:
- Unparalleled scalability to support flexible media asset growth;
- Extreme durability to ensure content is not lost;
- Automatic multi-site protection without the need for replication;
- Self-migration for seamless upgrades to new storage technologies;
- Fast file access using StorNext File System, HTTP REST or optional CIFS/NFS; and
- Cost-effective, high-capacity archive capability across global locations.
Lattus-M will be generally available in May.
StorNext AEL6000 Archive HD
Quantum’s new StorNext AEL6000 Archive HD offers 5 PB of LTO-6 tape in a single 19” rack and scales to over 75 PB of capacity. It combines StorNext’s policy-based tiering engine for intelligent data movement between storage platforms and unique Extended Data Life Management (EDLM) feature for automatic tape integrity checking. The StorNext AEL6000 Archive provides the convenience of controlled tiering that capitalizes on the industry’s highest tape slot density for a highly cost-effective, long-term content preservation solution.
StorNext AEL6000 Archive HD will be generally available next quarter.
David J. Donald, president, Keeper Technology
“Keeper Technology has rapidly growing, petabyte-scale big data archives that are architected to be readily accessible using today’s technology as well as scale seamlessly into tomorrow’s requirements. Because it’s built on object storage, Lattus offers the massive scale our customers demand. Lattus has inherent self-healing capabilities leading to lower operating costs, especially when deployed with StorNext’s policy-based management capabilities. In fact, Keeper Technology is deploying Lattus-M with StorNext tiering for a key customer today to effectively store, manage and preserve their multi-petabyte archive.”
Tom Coughlin, president and chief analyst, Coughlin Associates
“The media and entertainment industry has a great and immediate need for long-term and available storage of ever larger video projects. Quantum brings a new level of scalability and protection for archived digital assets with its object-based Lattus-M disk archive. Products such as this will be an important element in providing long-term preservation of digital assets while making them readily available for future use.”
Janae Stow Lee, senior vice president, Filesystem and Archive, Quantum
“As digital content continues to grow and the length of time it must remain available increases, a new option for nearline archives is required that does not compromise reliability or manageability. We’ve listened to our customers and built Lattus-M to help them address long-term content preservation challenges and benefit from rapid asset retrieval by enabling them to more effectively repurpose and monetize their content.”
Visit Quantum at NAB, held at the Las Vegas Convention Center, April 8-11,
booth #SL9016: http://www.quantum.com/nab2013
· Read more about Lattus-M: http://www.quantum.com/products/BigDataManagement/Lattus/index.aspx
· Listen to Lattus on SlideShare: http://www.slideshare.net/QuantumCorp/introduction-to-quantums-lattus-for-wide-area-storage
· Learn more about Quantum’s StorNext software: http://www.quantum.com/products/BigDataManagement/index.aspx
· Participate in the StorNext Community Forum: http://stornextforum.com
· Follow the latest StorNext happenings on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stornext
· Join the StorNext conversation on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/stornext
Quantum is a proven global expert in big data management and data protection, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain™ they’re able to adapt in a changing world – keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at http://www.quantum.com/BeCertain
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, Lattus, StorNext and StorNext Storage Manager are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
“Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains “forward-looking” statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to
1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Lattus-M disk archive and StorNext AEL6000 Archive HD,
2) customer demand for and Quantum’s future revenue from such products and 3) the future availability of such products are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum’s actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unforeseen technical limitations, unexpected material deviation in product operation, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers’ needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum’s periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled “Risk Factors,” in Quantum’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 8, 2013 and Quantum’s Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading “Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected.” Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.