(Paris, France--April 18, 2013) ATEME, a global leader in advanced video compression solutions for the broadcast industry, announced today that it has received TV Technology's STAR award for theKyrionTM CM5000, a major advancement in ATEME's product offering.
Tom Butts, TV Technology Editor-in-Chief said:
- The STAR Award is designed to honor and showcase the outstanding technological innovations available to the broadcast industry. The Kyrion CM5000 was selected for the ease of usability and unrivaled quality where compression is, "visually lossless."
- A panel of judges consisting of TV Technology editors, columnists and industry experts reviewed a variety of products, examined the technical applications and their overall contribution to the industry, and then submitted their award nominees.
- The CM5000 is fully upgradeable and future proof; allowing broadcasters, satellite up-links, service operators and DSNG professionals to benefit from the state-of-art in video compression technology.
- ATEME announced at NAB that Turner Broadcasting has used the Kyrion CM5000 for its modularity to simplify field operations in the production of multi-camera events.
- ATEME previously won this award in 2009 at IBC for providing the contribution market with best in class video quality over legacy codec thanks to a complete encode/decode H.264 4:2:2 pair solution.
"The NAB Show serves as the launching pad for thousands of new products and services for audio and video professionals. Our panel of judges walked the show floor in search of the most innovative technologies. The products and services we select for the STAR Award that make the cut, demonstrate their ability to help advance the acquisition and distribution of entertainment and information across the media spectrum."
Mike Antonovich, ATEME, vice president and general manager, Americas, said:
"Receiving this award is a testament to the efforts our developers have put into the creation of the Kyrion CM5000, resulting in a product that meets the requirements of sports and news contribution over IP or satellite, delivering features that are critical for operators in the field. We are honored that TV Technology recognized these efforts in presenting ATEME the STAR Award."
ATEME is a world leading provider of HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for broadcast contribution links, distribution, multi-screen live streaming, OTT and VOD applications. More information is available atwww.ateme.com.