(San Diego, California--June 19, 2013) Sony has announced limited time Summer promotions on the FS700 and SF100 camera.
Sony Electronics Inc. is pleased to announce an exciting new NEX-FS700U/K AND NEX-FS100U/K MAIL IN REBATE PROGRAM. Effective June 1, 2013 through August 31, 2013, Sony is offering a rebate of the the Metabones EF Lens to NEX Smart Adapter MARK II, (a $399.99 value!) to the end user if they purchase a NEX-FS700U/K or a NEX-FS100U/K or camera during the promotional period.
The Metabones Smart Adapter11 allows the use of Canon EF lenses with the highly regarded NEX-FS700/100 cameras systems. This will enable the cameras to utilize a wide array of lenses with these camcorders.
The NEX-FS700 is a Super 35mm full frame camcorder with vast array of high frame rate (HFR) and recording options. The NEX-FS700 will very soon be able to have a hardware level reprogramming that unleashes the camera with full resolution 2K or 4K RAW. The RAW signals can be output to the new HXR-IFR5 RAW interface and the AXS-R5 memory recorder (sold separately). The new 2K and 4K RAW capabilities are in addition and can be used simultaneously with the superb on-board AVC-HD recording capability. The reprogramming also allows connectivity with the new Odyssey 7Q with 2K RAW and 4K video.
With the a hardware level reprogramming, the NEX-FS700 system supports several new flavors of high frame rate recording including contiguous 120/240FPS at 2K RAW (when combined with the optional HXR-IFR5/AXS-R5 RAW recording system). This system can also record up to a bracket changing 120fps at 4K resolution in 4 second "bursts". The on-board AVC-HD is capable of recording up to 960 fps. For a "deep dive" of the NEX-FS700U/K, HXR-IFR5, the AXSM Memory and the NEX-FS100U/K please go to http://www.sony.com/35mm
THE METABONES EF LENS TO NEX SMART ADAPTER (MARK II)
The Metabones EF Lens to NEX Smart Adapter (MARK II) offers the following system compatibility:
The Metabones EF Lens to NEX Smart Adapter (MARK II) offers the following features with the NEX-FS700/100 Camera System:
- EF lenses (please see http://www.Metabones.com for lens compatibility list)
- EF-S lenses (*1)
- Image stabilization (IS) (*2)
- EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
- P, A, S, M exposure modes
- Autofocus (see autofocus support section below)
- Distance and zoom display on FS series camcorders (*3)
- *1) Vignetting at corners may occur for certain EF-S lenses because they are designed to cover a 1.6x crop image circle but Sony NEX has a 1.5x crop sensor.
- *2) Image Stabilization lens requires adapter firmware version 02 or above.
- *3) Requires lenses supporting distance information.
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let the NEX- FS700 automatically choose the aperture in "P" or "S" exposure modes. You can also "dial in" the aperture one the camera in A or M modes
- The Metabones Smart adapter 2 is powered by NEX-FS700 body. No external power source required
- "Wide open button" (the opposite of depth-of-field preview function) enables easy manual focusing.
- The supplied tripod adapter is detachable
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply
For more information on the The Metabones EF Lens to NEX Smart Adapter (MARK II) and current lens compatibility charts, click here.
End Users can receive a Metabones EF Lens to Sony NEX Smart Adapter (MARK II), after purchases of a Sony NEX-FS700U, NEX-FS700K, NEX-FS100U and THE NEX-FS100K series Professional Camcorder during the promotion period from a Sony Authorized Reseller, Reseller of a Sony Authorized Distributor or directly from Sony. Eligible product must be ordered by and shipped to the end user within the promotion period in order to qualify for this rebate.
TO RECEIVE THE REBATE BY MAIL:
- 1. End User must purchase Sony NEX-FS700U, NEX-FS700K, NEX-FS100U and THE NEX-FS100K series Professional Camcorder during the promotion period from a Sony Authorized Reseller, Reseller of a Sony Authorized Distributor or Direct from Sony. Eligible product must be ordered by and shipped to the end user within the promotion period in order to qualify for this rebate.
- 2. End User must fill out online rebate claim form at http://www.sony.com/prorebates.
- a. Click on "Get Your Rebate"
- b. Locate this rebate promotion by searching by Product Manufacturer: Sony Electronics, Inc. or by Promotion Code 130135B.
- c. Complete the online claim form.
- d. Follow the instructions provided to submit the claim form, invoice and UPC code to the claim submission address.
- 3. End User must send printout of completed online form, entire ORIGINAL UPC product code label from the box of the Sony NEX-FS700U, NEX-FS700K, NEX-FS100K and THE NEX-FS100K purchased (photocopies of UPC not accepted), and a copy of purchase invoice from the same Sony Authorized Reseller, Reseller of Sony Authorized Distributor or Sony to Sony Award Headquarters at the following address, postmarked no later than September 30, 2013.