(FRIEDRICHSDORF, Germany--July 23, 2013) MAXON today introduced CINEMA 4D Release 15 (R15) that redefines the 3D motion graphics, visual effects, painting and rendering software workflow. The next generation release of the widely-used 3D software platform reinforces the leadership MAXON has earned over the past 25 years by elevating the creative experience from project planning to content delivery, and is marked by powerful enhancements to modeling, text creation, rendering and sculpting.
Packed with improved capabilities and added features such as all-new beveling for modeling efficiency, interactive kerning for advanced 3D typographic control and Team Render allowing for convenient rendering across networks directly within the CINEMA 4D interface, R15 delivers to 3D professionals the ultimate toolset for creating compelling creative content and collaborating more effectively to take on the most demanding projects.
[Note: MAXON will debut CINEMA 4D R15 at the SIGGRAPH 2013 convention, July 23-25, 2013, Booth #315]
“CINEMA 4D R15 is a milestone release packed with trail-blazing innovations and our renowned, easy-to-learn workflow for 3D designers across creative markets -- film, video, broadcast, Web, multimedia, visualization and games,” Harald Egel, co-founder and CEO of MAXON Computer, says. “Digital content and media creation professionals continue to face relentless cost and operational pressures to take on demanding productions under severe time constraints. With sustained programming development in areas such as modeling workflow, rendering and sculpting, R15 sets new standards to spark the imagination of individual artists and design teams to make sure they have the features they need to push 3D performance to new levels and achieve the highest quality creative results in less time than ever before.”
Key Highlights of CINEMA 4D Release 15
The new and enhanced 3D modeling, animation and rendering workflow features and performance enhancements in CINEMA 4D Release 15, available for both Mac OS X and Windows, include:
– R15 is packed with rendering improvements to achieve faster, higher quality imagery. The new Team Render delivers quick control over an entire network to take advantage of all surplus processing power – either manually or automatically via Bonjour. Utilize an unlimited number of render nodes with CINEMA 4D Studio and 3 nodes with CINEMA 4D Visualize or Broadcast. Users can distribute the rendering of a single frame or complete animation directly within the CINEMA 4D interface and view the results in real time within CINEMA 4D’s Picture Viewer for a streamlined workflow.
On the quality side, a new irradiance caching algorithm for faster approximation of Global Illumination and improved ambient occlusion, physical rendering and multi-threading features in R15 has been added offering artists unprecedented rendering performance.
– MAXON has enhanced modeling productivity in CINEMA 4D, introducing all-new interactive beveling for improved manipulation and control over object edges and curves for adding depth and dimension to designs and ensure that resulting meshes are clean and flow correctly.
Improved Typographic Tools
– CINEMA 4D R15 continues to elevate the design experience delivering significant typographic, text editing and control capabilities over MoText and Text Splines directly in the 3D view. New kerning, and tracking tools can be applied with MoGraph effectors or used in Xpresso and edited at any time to create complex typographic elements and animation.
– Improved dynamic sculpting tools in CINEMA 4D Studio Release 15 ensure artists can sculpt with finesse and optimize with ease. In cases where there is adequate subdivision, sculpting tools can be used directly on any polygonal model. Advanced masking, mirroring and duplication options, as well as the new Amplify brush that gives control to interactively inflate and use new draw modes to sculpt lines and areas defined by lasso, polygonal drawing or a rectangle, gives artists complete control and flexibility for adding and preserving desired sculpted details.
Improved dynamic sculpting tools
Miscellaneous Workflow, Modeling and Animation Improvements
Renowned for outstanding ease of use, CINEMA 4D R15 also includes many new productivity-boosting features including:
– Provides artists with powerful new texture management tools to fix broken texture links and wrangle bitmaps with ease to control even the most complex scenes.
– Based on the powerful Hair and Fur engine in CINEMA 4D Studio, the new Grass Material features lets users quickly and easily simulate and add grass to any object within CINEMA 4D Release 15 Visualize and Studio.
-- A new Camera Crane rig offers customers a dependable, production-friendly solution to easily simulate real-life Jib crane shots by adjusting the angle and length of the base, arm, head and the camera itself.
To view a list of the complete feature set in CINEMA 4D Release R15 and to see the software in action, click here: http://www.maxon.net/r15
Pricing, Availability and Upgrade Path
CINEMA 4D Release 15 is scheduled to ship September, 2013. Additional pricing and distribution information: http://www.maxon.net
. Available for both Mac OS X and Windows. Recommended system requirements: http://www.maxon.net/products/general-information/general-information/system-requirements-r15.html
Headquartered in Friedrichsdorf, Germany, MAXON Computer is a developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. Its award-winning CINEMA 4D and BodyPaint 3D software products have been used extensively to help create everything from stunning visual effects in top feature films, TV shows and commercials, cutting-edge game cinematics for AAA games, as well for medical illustration, architectural and industrial design applications. MAXON has offices in Germany, USA, United Kingdom, France, Japan and Singapore. MAXON products are available directly from the web site and its worldwide distribution channel. Specially priced learning editions of the company’s software solutions are also made available to educational institutions. For additional information on MAXON visit http://www.maxon.net
MAXON Web Resources:
CINEMA 4D R15 Landing Page: http://www.maxon.net/r15