(Madrid, Spain--August 5, 2013) SGO will be showcasing at IBC 2013, its world-leading line of powerful 4K+ Mistika DI and Stereo 3D post production solutions. Visitors to the show will be able to see how Mistika's creative power can be put to use at the centre of every stage of production. Headlines include the unveiling of Mistika Post Version 7.4 and further exciting developments will be revealed including Mistika's new Shape Tracker providing colourists and compositors alike with an impressively fast and powerful tracking tool at the mere touch of a button.
Other highlights include the introduction of Mistika Air, the complete real-time Ultra HD Solution for Intelligent Broadcasting, including highly paralleled HD - Ultra HD - 4K - 8K operation with multiple codecs, enabling broadcasters with cost-effective, high-end production tools. Mistika V7.4 combines next generation colour grading tools, in an ACES Compliant environment, with advanced editorial, VFX, finishing, and more, making it the true differentiator in a competitive market space.
SGO presents Mistika Air for Broadcasters at IBC 2013
- SGO presents the complete Mistika real-time Ultra HD Solution for Intelligent Broadcasting offering seamless integration to support leading broadcasters to maintain their competitive advantage, as launched at SGO's booth at NAB this year. Mistika Air equips broadcasters with high-end production tools from HD, Ultra HD and 8K providing cost-effective post production television technology.
Mistika offers total support for many cameras including those from Sony, Canon, ARRI and RED with highly paralleled codecs making a significant difference in speed compared to other systems - critical when working at 4K in broadcasting. Mistika also comes with the most complete 4K video-board (4K QuadHDMI / 4K QuadDVI, 4K QuadSDI option both 1.5Gbit and 3G, single connector 4K connection over HDMI 1.4, 4K HFR).
Recent broadcast projects achieved using Mistika include Little Crackers, Mr Stink (the BBC’s first scripted Stereo 3D drama), Galapagos 3D, Kingdom of Plants 3D for Sky 3D TV including Inside the Mind of Leonardo for BSkyB.
Mistika is also being used on the 50th Anniversary Special of Doctor Who for the BBC to be shown in Stereo 3D for the first time.
Mistika V7.4 Highlights to be Showcased at IBC 2013
SGO reveals Mistika's new Shape Tracker – New for IBC 2013
– Mistika's new automated tracking tool will now enable colourists to track the most demanding action shots at lightning speed. It provides Shape, Stabilisation and Motion Smoothing functions in one single click that both compositors and colourists can enjoy. As the new Shape Tracker relies entirely on Mistika's proprietary technology, it tracks with a speed that outstrips other technologies in the industry, whilst also providing the user access to the underlying tracking process to allowing "tweaking" for more demanding shots.
Mistika's Revolutionary Colour Grading Without Constraints - New for IBC 2013
- SGO's evolution of Mistika's next generation colour grading system which was originally launched at IBC last year, has been further developed to provide unprecedented levels of control over every aspect of the image and, as with all functions in Mistika, is ready for 2D and Stereo 3D productions using standard or High Frame Rates and at all resolutions. New features include infinite possibilities to route and combine colour selections across any number of layers, with all layers having a complete set of colour transform functions, and all in a single tool designed to maintain real time performance. All features are accessible directly from Tangent Elements control surfaces, which have been especially programmed to create a highly ergonomic and efficient working environment. New features include an updated grading interface, including new Curves Mode for very fine colour control, choice of blending modes for every layer and new mask processing options.
Mistika's support for High Frame Rate and High Resolution workflows
- SGO has further developed Mistika's already proven HFR support such as for 48 and 60 Frame Per Second (fps) projects. These developments are enabling high-profile projects today and include complete workflow solutions such as the ability to export “half frame rate” material to standard editing systems, along with the complimentary functions to conform the resulting edit lists from the original High Frame Rate footage. Resolutions beyond 8K are already supported, making Mistika easily capable of high resolution work for feature-film or Ultra HD TV and Super Hi-Vision. The latest HFR formats are available through the fastest HFR interfaces, via four SDI-3G or four HDMI 1.3 (also 1x HDMI 1.4). HFR and 4K HDMI rasters are also now available.
Mistika played a major role in the world's first High Fame Rate (HFR) film The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
for which it has been shortlisted for The IBC2013 Innovation Awards
in the Content Creation Category as Leading Technology Partner with Park Road Post Production
for the World's First HFR-3D Post for The Hobbit Trilogy.
Park Road utilised SGO’s Mistika platform as the hub of its large DI infrastructure. Park Road in partnership with SGO, co-developed tools across the entire pipeline and SGO worked in parallel with the Park Road team in Wellington from pre-production through to final delivery of the film developing the tools and inbuilt-HFR feature-set needed to meet the extremely high demands of this complicated production. The IBC Awards recognise those who have made a real contribution to the industry and whose expertise have had a positive impact on its future direction.
Mistika's Smart Collaborative Workflow Caching
– extending real time performance - Mistika expands upon itsalready proven SAN storage technology which already allows many of its customers to share project assets across multiple Mistika systems and non-SGO products. SGO introduces the development of clustered processing, which allows any number of Mistika systems or “render nodes” to pre-cache items from another Mistika system's timeline. This means that where real-time (render-free) performance would otherwise be impossible, for example because of high image resolutions and complex image transformations, real time playback can be ensured because as soon as the artist makes a change, all available processors compute the result in time for immediate playback. The artist does not need to create an intermediate render, just to see their work in real time. This groundbreaking approach enables Mistika customers to work with their clients in real time, even with high resolution, high frame rate, Stereo 3D projects.
Mistika's award-winning stereo 3D tools advances even further
- Mistika remains the accepted leader in Stereo 3D post production tools leading innovation across all dimensions, with high-profile projects across film and television, making it the first choice for clients who demand the very best, placing the technology at the heart of their pipelines. However, development continues and at IBC new Stereo 3D features and enhancements will be shown to ensure Mistika is the most advanced and efficient system used in both native stereo 3D productions and 2D to 3D conversion pipelines. Some of the many new projects include Star Trek Into Darkness, The Great Gatsby
and Jean-Pierre Jeunet's The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet
with many more currently in production.
Mistika general upgrades
- SGO's rapid development of Mistika, based on essential customer feedback, means there are many new features on show at IBC 2013. These include improved DCP creation tools including 60 fps HFR support, the addition of even more codecs that allow import-free and real time access to many camera and post production file formats including camera support for the Sony F65 and F700. XML and AAF support have been improved to further assist integration with non-SGO products. Mistika users can now create bespoke filters from any combination of effects and attach them to the monitor, editor or rendering outputs, for example to place LUTs, crops and watermarks onto the image without having those effects visible in the timeline. Other general upgrades include overall interface speed enhancements, Japanese/Chinese/Korean utf8 filename support, 16 channel per clip audio improvements and support for xml: xmeml, DCSubtitle and USFSubtitles subtitle formats.
SGO's Director of Global Sales & Operations Geoff Mills
states “IBC provides a crucial European platform to showcase SGO's technology being used in first-rate projects achieved by the world's most highly talented and successful creatives ranging from the small boutiques to the largest international film studios and broadcasters. Mistika is the most prominent workflow solution and system now associated with leading developments addressing current cutting-edge trends in the post, DI and broadcast arenas. We will continue to push development that provides our customers with the most advanced solutions keeping us one step ahead of the competition in an exciting fast-paced industry. We look forward to another successful IBC show."
To arrange a demonstration of Mistika at IBC, please contact email@example.com
to reserve your place.
Register for the show at http://www.ibc.org
using the SGO VIP Customer Code 8668 to gain free entry.
Be sure to keep up with SGO's breaking news hot off the trade-show floor at IBC.
IBC is the premier annual event for professionals engaged in the creation, management and delivery of entertainment and news content worldwide. The event's unparalleled exhibition and agenda setting conference encompass the very latest developments in broadcasting, mobile TV, IPTV, digital signage and R&D making it essential for everyone's understanding of the industry and its future. http://www.ibc.org
ABOUT THE IBC AWARDS
An annual highlight of IBC, The IBC Awards Ceremony takes place at 18.30 on Sunday 15 September, in the Auditorium in the RAI Centre. As well as the Innovation Awards, the ceremony will also see the announcement of the Judges’ Prize, also in the gift of the same panel of international editors and consultants judging the Innovation Awards. The IBC International Honour for Excellence, IBC’s highest award, will also be presented during the ceremony. The ceremony also includes entertaining and dramatic entertainment on the big screen and free entry is available to all IBC visitors. Full details of the shortlist can be found at http://www.ibc.org/2013AwardsShortlist
- As the cornerstone of many internationally acclaimed facilities and broadcasters, Mistika provides creative tools for 2D and highly-developed stereoscopic 3D productions, boasting remarkable speed and real-time visual effects, colour grading, editing, compositing, graphics and multi-format mastering and much more. With Mistika operating from non-proprietary hardware with an open file structure, including widespread codec-support, it enables easy integration and compatibility with other systems. Mistika uses NVIDIA's Quadro GPUs to accelerate algorithmic computations involved in all visual effects, pushing the boundaries of science. SGO entrusts Mistika to HP's platforms in order to achieve maximum real-time editing, ultimate grading and compositing. HP Workstations are time-tested and dependable and exclusively used to accelerate 2D and Stereo 3D post production workflows in all Mistika projects.Mistika's breath-taking speed is indicative of how demanding it is on bandwidth to its storage devices and ATTO Celerity Fibre Channel host bus adapters (HBAs) provide that vital connection. Find out more about Mistika at http://www.sgo.es
An established European developer of leading high-end solutions including its flagship DI and Stereo 3D finishing system Mistika, and onset application Mistika Live application for the post production and broadcast industries, supported by specialist technology partners such as HP and NVIDIA. SGO also relies on ATTO Technology, Inc., the storage and network connectivity solutions provider to bring even greater performance standards to Mistika workflow solutions for high-end film and broadcast projects. With ATTO Technology's experience in engineering advanced technology into real-world product solutions, they provide SGO with a unique competitive advantage. A global company, SGO continues to expand rapidly with offices and reseller partners across the world. Visit them at http://www.sgo.es