(Hollywood, California--August 13, 2013) THE A-LIST AWARDS HOLLYWOOD, a global competition honoring creative excellence and innovative advertising, has announced that the Call for Entries deadline for its Film Advertising Craft categories and New Directors Showcase will be Friday, August 16, 2013.
The Film Advertising Craft Awards and New Directors Showcase will be held in conjunction with Los Angeles International Short Film Festival
from September 5 – 12, 2013. As part of this collaboration, ‘LA Shorts Fest’ is inviting creative’s from the advertising industry to submit their short film or music video (10 minutes or less) for festival inclusion. All categories are welcome including narrative, documentary, music video, animation and branded content.
“As advertising evolves and the overlap with entertainment grows larger. We reached out to leaders who share an understanding of the rapidly changing dynamics in the industry. To do something great in the advertising field, leaders make use of creative people in entertainment. Our aim is to bring those creative’s together in one place.” - Robert Arentz, founder of THE A-LIST AWARDS
All entries submitted into the short films and music videos categories will be screened during the festival, and judges include directors, creative directors and producers from some of the industry’s most successful commercial production companies, including Partizan, RSA Films, B-Reel and Smuggler. Please see below for a full list of jurors.
Film Advertising Craft Awards and New Directors Showcase Jury:
- Paul Prince | Founding Partner/CEO | The Sweet Shop | Auckland
- Georges Bermann | Founder | Partizan | Paris
- Pelle Nilsson | Founding Partner/ EP | B-Reel | Los Angeles
- Jesper Palsson | CEO / EP | ACNE | Los Angeles
- Ralph Laucella | EP | O Positive | New York
- Tom Dunlap | CPO | 72andSunny | Los Angeles
- Arrow Kruse | EP | RSA Films | Los Angeles
- Jacqui Wilkinson | EP | Smuggler | Los Angeles
- Juan Pablo Taylor | EP | Landia | Los Angeles
- Eurydice Gysel | Managing Director/EP | CZAR | Brussels
- Simon Cooper | EP | Academy Films | London
- Ali Brown | EP | PrettyBird | Los Angeles
- Katie Keith | First Lady | Rattling Stick | London
- Gina Zapata | EP | Wondros | Los Angeles
- Thanitsaphong Sasinmanop (Dom) | Co-Founder | Matching Studios | Bangkok
After judging, the Film Advertising Craft portion presents awards in such categories as Best Direction, Best Production, Best Editing and Best Visual Effects. It also includes a New Directors Showcase featuring the work of the industry’s most promising young talent. Deadlines and entry requirements are available at http://www.TheAList.Net
The first advertising awards event of its kind, THE A-LIST AWARDS Hollywood focuses on the intersection between advertising and entertainment in today’s multi-platform world. For more information visit http://www.TheAList.Net
Los Angeles International Short Film Festival 'LA Shorts Fest' ranks among the most prestigious international short film festivals in the world. The festival is accredited by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Over the past 17 years, 44 participating filmmakers have earned Academy Award nominations, with 13 filmmakers actually taking home the Oscar. For more information, please visit http://www.LAshortsFest.com