(Sao Paulo, Brazil--August 15, 2013) Aspera, Inc., creators of next-generation software technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed, is expanding its presence in Latin America with the appointment of Pedro Silvestre as sales director for the region. Aspera will showcase its digital media workflow and IT solutions at booth G17.A at SET Broadcast & Cable on August 20-22 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Pedro Silvestre joins sales engineer Fernando Ramos in spearheading Aspera’s growth in Central and South America, focusing primarily on Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Colombia. With more than 15 years of experience heading up sales for companies including OneTouch Systems and FOR-A, he brings both in-depth expertise and a strong network of relationships in the broadcast and media industry to Aspera.
“Aspera’s disruptive file transfer technology is set to change the way companies transfer files in Latin America,’ said Silvestre. “Aspera already has a significant install base and the aim is to extend the company's position as the gold standard for high-speed file transfer to Latin America.”
At SET Broadcast & Cable Aspera will showcase its complete portfolio of high-speed data transfer software and automation solutions that enable broadcasters and media enterprises to deploy on-premise, cloud-based or hybrid infrastructures for complex media workflows including:
– The Aspera file-based workflow automation platform has been enhanced with full failover support, integrated Active Directory and LDAP support, and multi-tenant capabilities. It also offers an expanded plug-in library for a host of leading transcoding, watermarking, quality control, antivirus, ad insertion, asset management and other solutions.
Aspera On Demand
– The platform as a service (PaaS) enables media companies and content service providers to use high-speed fasp
™ transport to ingest and distribute large files to and from the Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure clouds, and integrate their platforms into media services running in the cloud.
Aspera faspex™ and Aspera Shares
– Web applications and mobile clients for fast, ad-hoc file exchange enable collaborative, person-to-person workflows spanning on-premise, cloud and hybrid deployments. The faspex
and Shares solutions are uniquely designed to allow media files to be securely transferred between any storage locations (on premise or in cloud) on behalf of users or project groups with privacy, security and fine-grained access control. Aspera will demonstrate sending via faspex dropboxes to Aspera Shares destinations by workgroup, full SAML integration for single sign-on, and configurable distribution lists.
– The high-performance (10-100X rsync), multidirectional file replication and synchronization solution for remote collaboration and disaster recovery scenarios offers full integration with Aspera Console for global visibility and control of sync sessions across the entire network, advanced file handling options such as file-level de-duplication eliminating unnecessary transfers and reducing storage use, and added support for OSX and Solaris in addition to Windows and Linux.
- Aspera will preview high-speed synchronization from desktop to cloud with Aspera Drive. Completely integrated with the Aspera high-speed transfer platform, Aspera Drive offers integrated desktop and mobile browsing of remote files, drag-and-drop high-speed upload and download from cloud storage, background file synchronization, and sending and receiving of extremely large files and data sets at global distances for the ultimate secure file distribution experience.
– Aspera will preview faspex 4.0, a file sharing and package sending web application tier, which powers the Aspera Drive file-sharing ecosystem. A new project-based approach combines users and user groups with file and directory resources (“Shares”) into project collaboration spaces.
Show attendees can head to the Aspera booth G17.A and Aspera partner LineUP’s booth D7 to get demonstrations from Aspera software experts and discuss their data transfer needs.
Aspera is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented fasp
™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera’s core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. More than 2000 organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets.
Please visit http://www.asperasoft.com
and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft for more information.