(Beaverton, Oregon--September 3, 2013) isovideo announces the launching of their Viarte server-based standards conversion/transcoding services for the film, TV broadcast and online media production and distribution industry. Viarte was a Game-Changer Awards winner (by the IABM and the NAB, April 2013). Users of isovideo services can benefit from:
Superior image quality due to inclusion of our proprietary technologies:
Other benefits users can expect include:
- i) pixel-accurate Legato-cinema motion-compensated frame-rate conversion technology,
- ii) unique motion-compensated Demeler deinterlacer, with Low Flicker Field Pass-Through (LFFPT). Demeler is the only deinterlacer available today that can reduce both x264 and HEVC/h265 compressed bitrates by over 16.6% on average without using an output filter (see AVC and HEVC Coding Efficiency of Deinterlaced Sequences).
- iii) Rescape video scaler and rotator, with natural-looking edge enhancement, and absolutely no ringing!
- iv) highest precision computation pipeline: 16-bits internal component calculations and I/O for all Y,Cb,Cr component calculations, and up to 12 bits I/O for decoding and encoding, maintaining highest system precision thoughout.
- Flexible multi-output formats:
- i) Viarte can handle concurrent up/down/cross conversions between any interlaced or progressive video/film with any combinations of frame-rates (24, to 120f/s, etc) and resolutions (mobile to 8k, etc).
- ii) multi encoding formats are provided, with varies options for target bit-rate and profile control.
- Flexible and advanced conversion control supports:
- i) adding accurate simulated motion-blur to any video output to achieve desired results, such as a film look. This feature is critical when downconverting from high frame-rate material (such as 60p, 60i, or 50p, 50i) to a lower frame-rate target (such as 24p, 25p, 30p). The feature gives user the freedom to shoot "future-proof" video/film such that the material can be repurposed to any desired output formats, with beautiful results.
- ii) mixed cadence conversion, such as transitions between 2:3 pulldown, advanced pulldown (2:3:3:2) and interlaced.
- iii) adustment of audio-video delays to compensate for inaccurate meta data errors.
- iv) safe handling of PsF material, with various modes to handle misleading input metadata.
- (v) Accurate and flexible output timecode support includies SMPTE-drop-frame count, or exact frame count, as well as output offset adjustment and timecode-burn-in.
- Free trial and fast turn around
Viarte services allow media production/services/distribution companies to efficiently and cost effectively satisfy their multi-purpose media transformation needs, with video quality that can rival or exceed the best in the class. As one recent post on the CreativeCOW forum by a highly experienced post-production expert Jerome Raim concludes: "For the smoothest motion, isovideo's algorithm beat all the other methods (software AND hardware)."
More information about Viarte standards conversion services, with a variety of conversion examples, is available at http://www.isovideo.com
isovideo is an innovative start-up company in the digital media technology and servicing industry. We specialising in file-based, GPU accerated, video processing systems and services for TV/film/media production/distribution companies. isovideo offers superior quality software tools (a pixel-accurate, motion-compensated, realtime frame-rate converter and deinterlacer, and a super-fast video scaler and lossless compressor), and award-winning turnkey server systems, as well as cost-effective and fast turn-around multi-format media transformation services. Our services have recently been used for a major film production to be released soon.