(Guildford, United Kingdom--September 3, 2013) Imagineer Systems today announced it will be demonstrating its newest point release of mocha Pro v3.2, in its stand 7.J49 at IBC 2013 in Amsterdam. mocha Pro v3.2 provides much improved international character support and significant features to help visual effects artists work more efficiently, including:
- Planar Tracking - powerful 2D motion tracking for solving the most difficult visual effects and post production tasks.
- Roto & Masking - advanced rotoscoping tools for creating masks with less manual keyframes.
- Object Removal - unique module for removing foreground objects and creating clean plates without manual paint and clone.
- Advanced modules for 3D camera solving, Lens Distortion, Stabilization and more.
- Supports Industry Applications - Seamless workflow with Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Avid, Autodesk Flame & Smoke, Eyeon Fusion, Quantel, Maxon Cinema 4D, Nuke and many more.
Imagineer Systems will also host a mocha User Meetup Event
at IBC 2013. During the event, the team from Imagineer Systems will be joined by special guest artists to present mocha Pro
and mocha AE CC
- Imagineer’s planar tracking and roto utility designed for Adobe After Effects Creative Cloud Users.
The IBC mocha Meetup
will be held in the Imagineer Systems IBC 2013 stand (7.J49) on Saturday, September 14th from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the Amsterdam RAI conference center. Registration is free and tickets can be reserved online by visiting: http://mocha-ibc2013.eventbrite.com
During the IBC mocha Meetup
, and throughout the show, Imagineer Systems will be joined by renowned VFX artists to help demonstrate the power of mocha
in different scenarios, including:
- Mathias Möhl from Mamoworld.com;
- Ben Brownlee from Curious Turtle Training;
- Visual Effects Supervisor, Jonas Hummelstrand, who will present upcoming VFX work from "Real Humans" season 2, which airs on SVT in December 2013. http://www.svt.se/
Imagineer Systems will also offer a free seat of mocha Pro
as a raffle prize for event attendees.
mocha: Academy Award Winning Technology
In February 2013, Imagineer Systems was honored by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences with a Scientific and Technical Award for mocha
and its Planar Tracking technology. Imagineer Systems’ Philip McLauchlan, Allan Jaenicke, John-Paul Smith and Ross Shain were selected as a winner for mocha
and its underlying Planar Tracking technology. The Company was recognized for their proven record of contributing significant value to the post-production process of making motion pictures.
Over the years, Imagineer’s mocha
software has gained acclaimed notoriety within Hollywood’s visual effects community for its ability to “motion track” problematic footage such as out of focus and marker-less areas helping enable a technique called ‘digital makeup’ or ‘seamless effects.’ Visual effects artists use planar tracking to magically transform actors and locations without requiring timely makeup sessions and expensive sets, allowing directors to make important creative decisions long after the performance has been captured. Capturing accurate movement is essential and mocha has been involved in some famous digital makeup examples such as the snake-like noseless Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter
films, replacing Mystique’s eyes in X-Men
and helping Natalie Portman undergo an amazing transformation in Black Swan
About Imagineer Systems
Imagineer Systems Ltd is the Academy Award winning developer of visual effects solutions for film, video and broadcast post production markets. Imagineer Systems has made its mark on such marquee Hollywood blockbuster productions as The Hobbit, Black Swan, The Amazing Spiderman, Invictus,
and the Harry Potter series.
Imagineer’s desktop product line consists of mocha Pro™
- roto, planar tracking, compositing, and removal utility; mocha AE™
- a planar tracking and roto utility designed for After Effects and Final Cut Pro users. Imagineer Systems was founded in 2000 and its headquarters is located in Guildford, United Kingdom. For more information visit http://www.mocha-Pro.com