(Montreal, Canada--September 6, 2013) Matrox® Video today announced that Vizrt, the world's leading provider of real-time broadcast graphics, has chosen the Matrox DSX LE3 4K card to power the next generation of the Viz Engine rendering engine and compositor. Viz Engine is the heart of all Vizrt graphics and video solutions (CG, Virtual Set, Weather, and more). It renders animated 2D and 3D scenes in real time, producing high-end animations in SD, HD and 4K.
A new addition to the Matrox DSX™ Developer Products
family, the Matrox DSX LE3 4K card enables realtime monitoring and output of video footage at resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 at frame rates up to 60 fps. This new 4K output card, in conjunction with the industry-leading Matrox DSX Software Development Kit and 4K codec support for ProRes and XAVC, lets equipment manufacturers create graphics systems, editing solutions and playout servers in native 4K resolutions.
“Matrox DSX LE3 4K is the ideal card to showcase the breathtaking content created by the full 4K rendering power of our Viz Engine,” said Gerhard Lang, chief engineering officer at Vizrt. “Visitors to IBC2013 will see our products in action across the show floor.”
"Vizrt and Matrox share a rich history of providing innovative, yet affordable solutions to broadcast customers around the world,” said Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing at Matrox. “With the launch of Matrox DSX LE3 4K, we are the first hardware vendor to provide everything needed for full 4K broadcast workflow solutions including ingest, editing, graphics insertion and playout."
Vizrt 4K solutions based on the Matrox card can be seen at IBC2013 (Amsterdam, September 13-17) on the Vizrt stand 7.A10, the Sony stand 12.A10 and the Snell stand 8.B70. Matrox DSX LE3 4K will be showcased on the Matrox stand 7.B29.
Key features of Matrox DSX LE3 4K
- 4K (4096 x 2160), QFHD (3840 x 2160), 2K (2048 x 1080), HD and SD output resolutions
- 60 fps frame rate support, even at 4K resolutions
- Provides full 4K output to drive a Sony PVM-X300 reference monitor
- Can take advantage of the integrated NVIDIA GPUDirect™ SDK to offer low latency and high throughput data transfers at 4K resolution with the NVIDIA Quadro®
- SD, HD and 3G-SDI connectivity per SMPTE 259, 292 and 424/425M Level A and Level B mapping
- 8- and 10-bit YUV output at all resolutions and frames rates
- 16 channels of SDI embedded audio support
- Bi-level and tri-level genlock input
- Five full-size BNC connectors directly on the card bracket
- Support for 4K ProRes and XAVC software codecs
- Extensive native codec support in HD and SD
- Cross platform file format support — MXF, MOV, AVI and MPG
- Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
Matrox DSX LE3 4K is available to developers now. Developers may obtain more information about Matrox DSX LE3 4K by e-mailing email@example.com.
Vizrt provides real-time 3D graphics and asset management tools for the broadcast industry — from award-winning animations & maps to online publishing tools. Vizrt's products are used by the world's leading broadcasters and publishing houses, including: CNN, CBS, Fox, the BBC, BSkyB, Al Jazeera, ITN, ZDF, Star TV, Network 18, TV Today, CCTV, NHK, The Globe and Mail, Times Online, The Telegraph, and Welt Online. Furthermore, many world-class production houses and corporate institutions such as the Stock Exchanges in New York and London use Vizrt systems. Vizrt is a public company traded on the Oslo Main List: VIZ, ISIN: IL0010838154. For more information, visit http://www.vizrt.com
About Matrox Video
Matrox Video is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, channel-in-a box systems and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of multi-screen content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, telcos, cable operators, post-production facilities, videographers and A/V professionals worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information, visit http://www.matrox.com/video