(Amsterdam--September 11, 2013) Booth 7.K30 IBC2013,Aspera, Inc., creators of next-generation software technologies that move the world’s large data at maximum speed will showcase at IBC1013 the media technology ecosystem powered by Aspera fasp™ high-speed transport which enables complete end-to-end global processing pipelines.
Aspera’s innovative fasp
protocol is providing superior high-speed file transfer capabilities to content storage, processing and distribution solutions including cloud-based and high-performance storage, leading production and transformation software and services, workflow and automation engines, and media management and publishing platforms.
Aspera On Demand
- Aspera is the first in the world to offer seamless, line-speed transfers of very large media files and sets of files to, from, and across the cloud-based object storage of Amazon Web Services
, Windows Azure
. The Aspera software platform turbo charges content delivery, with line speed transfers at any distance from IaaS infrastructure, and creates a unique overlay for content security on top of the infrastructure, managing secure user authentication, content browsing, and access control across all major cloud and enterprise storage platforms.
Content Distribution Networks Akamai
, Level 3
are all making Aspera high-speed transport available in their infrastructure to dramatically shorten the time it takes to ingest content, and Aspera transfer clients provide native support directly in the graphical user interface (GUI). At IBC2013 Aspera and Akamai will introduce the direct integration of Aspera fasp with Akamai NetStorage, allowing media companies to upload digital assets for distribution on the Akamai CDN from any global location with maximum speed, security and bandwidth control, and seamless integration with existing Aspera workflows.
Aspera for EMC Isilon OneF
S - Aspera’s high-speed transfer software shipping with Isilon OneFS operating system and EMC Isilon scale-out NAS delivers an integrated solution uniquely enabled to transfer and store file assets with the extreme performance and reliability of scale-out NAS across high- latency and low-bandwidth networks.
Cloud-based Content Transformation
- The scalability of the cloud is perfectly suited for processing-intensive jobs that analyze, process and store media, and Aspera’s fasp transport is enabling an entire new breed of cloud-based infrastructure and service providers. Companies such as Brightcove / Zencoder
, Sony CI
, and Windows Azure Media Services
are bringing to market new media management and transformation services used in production and post-production, all of which rely on Aspera for high-speed ingest and distribution.
With the addition of the latest fasp streaming APIs, content transcoding companies can integrate the fasp stream with their processing engine to transfer from growing file sources and transcode while an upload is in progress for the ultimate 'on demand' transcoding experience.
Aspera fasp Plug-in for Avid Interplay
– Seamlessly integrated with Avid Interplay Delivery
and Transfer Manager, the Aspera plug-in enables high-performance transfers between remote Avid environments with seamless integration in Avid editing tools.
– the Aspera-powered EVS C-Cast multicam system captures and transfers at high speed video from all cameras in a multi-cam production to C-Cast Central where they are transcoded and made available for distribution.
- Aspera’s role in workflow automation is twofold: Aspera as the high-speed transfer component managed by automation software, and Aspera as the workflow automation and orchestration software invoking third-party software applications.
– The Orchestrator file-based workflow automation platform includes an array of plug-ins supporting the leading encoding, transcoding, watermarking, and verification products in VoD and broadcast, such as Amberfin
, Brightcove / Zencoder
, Harmonic WFS
, IRT MXF Analyzer
, to name a few, in addition to full support of validation of file format standards such as MXF, AS-11 and DPP, and FIMS, an emerging specification for interoperable media components and services.
workflows can incorporate Aspera secure, high-speed file transfer and delivery of any file or groups of files as part of a unified and automated Vantage workflow through the direct integration of Aspera faspex
- Content management applications such as MediaBeacon
, Harmonic Media Asset Server
, Sony Media Backbone
have integrated Aspera to move file-based media securely, at high speed, into and out of their repositories.
Demonstrations of Aspera software and many partner integrations will be available at IBC2013 stand 7.K30.
Aspera is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented fasp
™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera’s core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Over 2000 organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets. Please visit http://www.asperasoft.com
and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft for more information.