(Tokyo, Japan--November 7, 2013) Aspera, Inc., creators of next-generation software technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed, will showcase a complete portfolio of high-speed data transfer software and automation solutions for the broadcast and media industries, at Japan’s International Broadcast Equipment Exhibition (Inter BEE) in Tokyo on November 13-15. Aspera will demonstrate its high-speed transfer solutions on the booth of its Japanese partner, CTCSP Corporation (hall 8, booth #8301).
Aspera’s comprehensive portfolio of high-speed file transfer and automation software enables broadcasters and media enterprises, including Amana Group, NHK, Tokyo Broadcasting, Sony Music, Panasonic, Fujitsu and NTT, to deploy on-premise, cloud-based or hybrid infrastructures for complex media workflows. Aspera will showcase its latest innovations based on its Emmy® award-winning fasp™ high-speed transfer technology, including:
- Aspera will preview high-speed synchronization from desktop to cloud with Aspera Drive, named best of IBC 2013 by TVB Europe. Completely integrated with the Aspera high-speed transfer platform, Aspera Drive offers integrated desktop and mobile browsing of remote files, drag-and-drop high-speed upload and download from cloud storage, background file synchronization, and sending and receiving of extremely large files and data sets at global distances for the ultimate secure file distribution experience.
– The Aspera file-based workflow automation platform has been enhanced with full failover support, integrated Active Directory and LDAP support, and multi-tenant capabilities. It also offers an expanded plug-in library for a host of leading transcoding, watermarking, quality control, antivirus, ad insertion, asset management and other solutions.
Aspera On Demand
– The platform as a service (PaaS) enables media companies and content service providers to use high-speed fasp
™ transport to ingest and distribute large files to and from the Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure clouds, and integrate their platforms into media services running in the cloud.
™ and Aspera Shares
– Web applications and mobile clients for fast, ad-hoc file exchange enable collaborative, person-to-person workflows spanning on-premise, cloud and hybrid deployments. The faspex
and Shares solutions are uniquely designed to allow media files to be securely transferred between any storage locations (on premise or in cloud) on behalf of users or project groups with privacy, security and fine-grained access control. Aspera will demonstrate sending via faspex dropboxes to Aspera Shares destinations by workgroup, full SAML integration for single sign-on, and configurable distribution lists.
– The high-performance (10-100X rsync), multidirectional file replication and synchronization solution for remote collaboration and disaster recovery scenarios offers full integration with Aspera Console for global visibility and control of sync sessions across the entire network, advanced file handling options such as file-level de-duplication eliminating unnecessary transfers and reducing storage use, and added support for OSX and Solaris in addition to Windows and Linux.
– Aspera will preview faspex 4.0, a file sharing and package sending web application tier, which powers the Aspera Drive file-sharing ecosystem. A new project-based approach combines users and user groups with file and directory resources (“Shares”) into project collaboration spaces.
Aspera is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented fasp™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera’s core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. More than 2000 organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets.
Please visit http://www.asperasoft.com
and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft for more information.