(Los Angeles, California--November 11, 2013) Four K Productions LLC has been launched in Los Angeles as a new production company specializing in the development, production, and distribution of original broadcast content shot and post-produced in the 4K/UltraHD format. The company has secured initial financial backers, and has already completed its first production, “MIX: LA.” The new company also has a slate of original programs currently in development. The announcements were made today by company Founder/President Kevin Williamson.
To view clips from “MIX: LA,”
please see: http://wdrv.it/17gK2sa
Four K is currently seeking distribution partnerships for its original content with 4K television and cable networks located in Europe and Asia, as well as with 2K compatible TV networks and within the digital and steaming space in the United States. Additionally, the company is holding discussions with major 4K television manufacturers in Asia about potential future distribution arrangements.
Concurrent with the formation of the new company, Williamson has also announced that longtime entertainment industry marketing and advertising executives Dean Blagg and Martin Gueulette will serve Four K Productions as Creative Consultants. Blagg and Gueulette are experienced within the areas of movie trailers, TV promos, motion graphics, print advertising, and cross-platform marketing campaigns, having worked with every major motion picture studio and television network for nearly three decades.
Four K Productions is also working with Wayne Threatt, a strategic advisor and investment professional with extensive financing experience in institutional private equity and venture capital, as its Corporate Strategic Consultant. In addition, Threatt is also a digital image processing industry veteran, who has fashioned numerous strategic partnerships in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
“We have nailed down the 4K work flow, and we consider ourselves adept in the creation and production of original 4K content,” Williamson said. “We are committed to this new and emerging technology, and realize that we are among very few competitors who really understand how this format works. In addition to producing our own content, we are also seeking to co-produce programming with partners, and we are also open to financing interesting new 4K projects that are pitched to us from the outside.”
Add Blagg and Gueulette, “After having worked in long-form editorial with Digital Kitchen, Kevin saw the future as being the 4K format, and approached us to help him
launch this amazing new company. We are huge proponents of the 4K format -- it simply looks incredible. We are convinced the marketplace for this new format is just around the bend. It’s coming. You just can’t go wrong with the quality of this content.”
Through its association with Blagg’s company TAO Post Studios, Four K Productions has access to full-service 4K post production technology and services. These
include audio and video editorial, DaVinci Resolve color correction, 5.1 surround sound mixing, 4K mastering, and 3D motion graphics.
About Original Four K Productions Programs in Development:
About Kevin Williamson:
- “MIX”: Four K Productions has just completed production of a 21-minute pilot for a series entitled “MIX.” The show captures the essence of the modern day “Mixology Movement." The series focuses on the preparation, ingredients and the making of signature mixed drinks offered to customers at popular bars, nightclubs, restaurants and saloons across the United States. The pilot episode was shot at three locations in Los Angeles. To view clips, please see: http://wdrv.it/17gK2sa
- “Travel Show with Phil Keoghan”: Four K is developing a show hosted by “The Amazing Race’s” Phil Keoghan, which will explore exotic locations by land, sea and air.
- “Car Shows:” Four K is working on a series of automobile-themed programs featuring celebrities showing off their favorite vehicles, as well as an exclusive tour inside the Petersen Automobile Museum based in Los Angeles.
- “Napa Valley Wine Tour:” Four K is also developing a program that will explore both the classic and historic Napa Valley, as well as investigate the modern techniques being used by wine makers in the area today.
- “The Range:” Hosted by comedian Bil Dwyer, this show presents a look at golf courses across the country.
- “Professor Hill’s Magic Chair:” Designed for kids, this show takes an educational slant on entertainment.
- “Los Angeles by Helicopter:” A look at the City of Angels from above the clouds. This show will present Southern California by air as it’s never been seen before. Four K Productions’ flyover will encompass points of interest from the Hollywood sign to beautiful Avalon on Catalina Island and beyond.
- “Joshua Tree National Park:” Joshua Tree is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. This show will take viewers on a tour of the park’s wonders. The series will include historically relevant information narrated by Jon Bailey, one of Hollywood’s greatest voice artists.
- “Penske Wynn Museum, Las Vegas:” This special will present an unparalleled collection of Maseratis and Ferraris at the fabulous Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, all filmed in jaw dropping 4K.
Prior to launching Four K Productions, Kevin Williamson has been a noted movie trailer editor for many years. He held in-house editorial posts with such prominent trailer companies as Creative Domain, Digital Kitchen, Kaleidoscope, Craig Murray Productions, Seiniger Advertising, Dazu, and Skip Film, among others.
During the course of his career, Williamson has edited promotional trailers for such hit films as “Monsters, Inc.,” “The Grinch,” “Man on Fire,” “Alexander,” “I Am Legend,” “Matchstick Men,”
and many others.
About Dean Blagg and Martin Gueulette:
Dean Blagg is Managing Partner and Creative Director with the motion picture advertising agency TAO Creative. He is also the President of the state-of-the-art postproduction facility, TAO Post Studios. Both companies are located in Los Angeles, CA.
Blagg is an award-winning editor/producer, with over 25 years of experience in movie marketing. He has been responsible for such theatrical trailer, television, and home entertainment campaigns as those promoting such hit motion pictures and TV series as “Godzilla,” “Spider-Man,” “Super Bad,” “Iron Man,” “Step Brothers,” Breaking Bad,” “Terminator 4,” “Seinfeld,” “Justified,” “21 Jump Street,” “Resident Evil: Retribution,” “Evil Dead,”
and the recently released, “Insidious: Chapter 2.”
Martin Gueulette is a veteran movie marketer and the winner of dozens of Key Art and Clio Awards. Prior to starting his own company VOX Associates, Gueulette was a partner in the boutique marketing company IKON Creative Services. He later served as a Creative Director with both Creative Domain and Aspect Ratio, two of the most prominent motion picture advertising agencies in Hollywood.
Gueulette has overseen, and is credited with having created, some of the most memorable and successful theatrical print campaigns of all time. These include those behind the hit motion pictures “Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3,” “Casino Royale,” “Batman Begins,” “The Smurfs,” “Django Unchained,”
and dozens more. He is renowned for smart marketing strategies which are married with outstanding creative execution.
About Wayne Threatt:
Wayne Threatt is a strategic advisor and investment professional with extensive financing experience in institutional private equity and venture capital. In addition, Threatt is also a digital image processing industry veteran, who has fashioned numerous strategic partnerships in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
About Four K Productions LLC:
Founded in Los Angeles in 2013, Four K Productions is a production company specializing in the development, production and distribution of both original content shot in the 4K format, as well as a co-producer and financial partner in the production of 4K content.
Helmed by Kevin Williamson, with Dean Blagg and Martin Gueulette serving as Creative Consultants, and Wayne Threatt as Corporate Strategic Consultant, Four K Productions is located at 955 South Carrillo Drive, Suite # 205, Los Angeles, CA, 90048. The website is http://www.fourkproductions.com