(San Diego, California--December 13, 2013) Viewbits, the industrial cameras division of Computer Modules, Inc., announced today that they are now shipping their new mini 1080p HD camera that supports 60 frames per second -- the GNAT 1080p 60™. The ultra-compact camera measures just over 1.65 inches (42 millimeters).
Available in cased or board versions, the GNAT 1080p 60 is targeted for a wide variety of applications, including surveillance, airborne video cameras, avionics, inspection, public transportation, situational awareness, and video.
The 2.1 megapixel camera features a 1/3 inch progressive scan CMOS sensor, AGC (Automatic Gain Control), WDR (Wide Dynamic Range), digital zoom, and defog. It also supports brilliant DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) technologies like DNR, 3D-NR and 2D+3D.
"Our initial customers are amazed at the GNAT’s price point based on performance," noted Mike Till, Marketing Manager for Viewbits. "This tiny full feature HD-SDI camera is likely to capture market share from the established Japanese players."
The GNAT 1080p 60 HD camera is compatible with all HD-SDI capture cards, monitors, and video servers.
Suggested Retail Prices:
- 2.1 Megapixels
- Powerful ISP chip based
- 1/3” Progressive Scan CMOS Sensor
- Output: 3G-SDI/HD-SDI (NTSC, PAL) with 292M
- 42.1 x 29 x 29 millimeters – just over 1.65 inches long
- Maximum 1,920 x 1,080 resolution
- Maximum 60 fps @ 1,920 x 1,080
- C/CS mount
- AGC, AWB, AE, D-WDR, Sens-Up
- 2D/3D Noise Reduction, Digital Zoom
- 1080/720@30p/60p/60i selectable
- WDR (Wide Dynamic Range)
- DNR (Digital Noise Reduction, 2D/3D-NR) – Provides outstanding clear images by reducing noise
- AGC (Automatic Gain Control) – Improves performance in low light conditions
- Dynamic Motion Detection (8 zones, up to 1980 blocks)
- Privacy Zone Masking (8 zones)
- Built-in OSD (On Screen Displays) Joystick
- DC12V ~ 24V
- Board mount version available with Board Mount Lens (DC Iris, TDN Support)
GNAT 1080p 60 with power supply: $445 U.S.
GNAT 1080p 60 Board version, with power supply: $435 U.S.
Viewbits and GNAT 1080p 60 are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc.
About CMI and Viewbits
CMI, founded in 1982, is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. Viewbits, the Industrial Cameras division of Computer Modules, Inc., sells HD, USB-2, CMOS, and X-Ray cameras to companies throughout the world.
Viewbits, 11409 West Bernardo Ct. San Diego, CA, 92127 Web: http://www.viewbits.com