(Hudson, Massachusetts--January 7, 2014) Today Facilis Technology announced immediate availability of TerraBlock 6.0, the latest iteration of its production-proven shared storage solution. First unveiled at the International Broadcasting Convention in September 2013, TerraBlock 6.0 features several improvements designed to augment usability, collaboration and performance – including Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)/Active Directory synchronization, volume size reduction on the fly, a sleek new customizable Graphical User Interface (GUI), support for Adobe® Anywhere® for video and more.
Saatchi & Saatchi LA recently upgraded its TerraBlock
with version 6.0 software, a new 64bit operating system and the Facilis Shared File System for Multi-user Write volumes. Editor Jonathan Hensley shared, “It's no overstatement to say that the improvements in 6.0 have greatly improved our workflow. The update was rock-solid right out of the box, and Facilis was there every step of the way to ensure a smooth transition."
TerraBlock is Facilis’ multi-platform, high-capacity shared storage solution that delivers highly collaborative workflows in post production and content creation environments. The high-performance solution supports 8/16Gbps Fibre Channel and 1/10Gbps Ethernet through the Facilis Shared File System and is compatible with most all industry-standard creative applications.
TerraBlock 6.0 highlights include:
- Support for LDAP/Active Directory: Synchronize user groups to TerraBlock and seamlessly manage permissions and user accounts through group access.
- Customizable GUI: An updated interface with enhanced functionality enables flexible layouts and limits on information provided to normal users.
- Volume Reduction: Shrink Multi-user Write and NTFS-formatted Single-user Write volumes to free up space in the pool of storage for volume creation and expansion.
- Support for Adobe Anywhere for video: TerraBlock is now compatible with Adobe Anywhere for video – empowering virtual teams to collaborate efficiently across projects stored on TerraBlock.
- Qualifications for Popular Industry Applications: Including Avid® Media Composer® 7, Avid® Pro Tools® 11, Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve 10, Adobe® Creative Cloud™ and MAXON CINEMA 4D R15.
- Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks Support
- Advanced Apple® Final Cut Pro® X Interoperability: Multi-user Write volumes are qualified as SAN locations for libraries within Apple Final Cut Pro X 10.1.
TerraBlock 6.0 is available today free of charge to customers holding a current support contract. A complete list of features and additional information is available via: http://facilis.com/product/terrablock/
2.0, a complementary archiving and backup solution to TerraBlock, is slated to be available in the coming months and will feature improved archive management, tiered storage automation and support for LTO-6.
About Facilis Technology
Founded in 2003, Massachusetts-based Facilis Technology, Inc. designs and builds affordable, high-capacity, turnkey shared storage and archiving solutions for post production and content creation professionals working in the film, television, education and audiovisual markets. Its production-proven solutions are fast and intuitive – making it easier for creative professionals to collaborate and work more efficiently. Flexible, scalable and compatible with industry-standard creative systems, Facilis’ products blend seamlessly into any studio environment – boutique, mid-size or large – and has been installed in more than 2000 facilities worldwide to date. http://facilis.com/