(Maia, Portugal--January 23, 2014) OG technologies, the worldwide supplier for both centralized ingest solutions and MXF development tools has today announced a partnership with archive solutions provider Active Circle.
Today customers’ expectations along with the global burst of content distribution and archiving has led to the need of integrated systems that meet all business needs, from ingest and content management to publishing, including handling of archive operations.
By teaming up with Active Circle, MOG is extending its competitive offer by adding archive capability to its centralized ingest solutions. Besides simplifying their customer’s workflow architecture, MOG is now able to address ingest projects with archiving needs, from the local broadcaster to the premium broadcaster that manages thousands of hours of content.
The main benefits of integrating both systems are:
- Integrated workflow from ingest to delivery, completing the process with Hierarchical Storage Management
- Compact and modular workflow architecture
- Continuous access to data, as well as guaranteed data protection
- Fast content management and access
- Media lifecycle management on multiple storage, , passing through Online, Nearline and Offline stages
- Possibility to efficiently manage multiple resolution workflows across different storage technologies optimizing storage costs according to the needs of each production stage
- Possibility to use Proxy resolutions of archived material for preview and online editing in NLE, and afterwards batch ingesting only the portions of Hires used for finishing and delivery
- Metadata enrichment of archived material that helps making every asset meaningful and easily identifiable
- Powerful search mechanisms that ensure content identification and repurposing
Both architectures are completely modular, meaning that the user can easily adapt it to every workflow environment.
“We are combining the great performance of mxfSPEEDRAIL centralized ingest solutions with the efficiency of Active Circle technology” says Rui Pereira, COO of MOG Technologies. “By combining both technologies we are not only able to maximize digital content distribution but also ensure its preservation.”
With mxfSPEEDRAIL and Active Circle Archive integration users will now be able to take advantage of the most innovative centralized ingest solutions coupled with a solid solution for storing, preserving and accessing large volumes of files.
Based on open industry standards and offering state-of-the-art technology, MOG has been establishing itself in the market as the worldwide supplier for both Centralized Ingest Solutions and MXF Development Tools. For over a decade, MOG has been helping worldwide broadcasters and technology providers to increase the overall performance of its workflows while migrating for file-based environments, ensuring high interoperability between systems and formats.
MOG aims to exceed media challenges and to break the workflow boundaries by delivering fully interoperable solutions to the broadcast industry. To learn more visit http://www.mog-technologies.com
ABOUT ACTIVE CIRCLE
Active Circle provides software solutions for storing, preserving and sharing large-scale flows of digital assets in the Media, Science and Imaging sectors. Active Circle’s vision goes beyond the current trend of specialized scale-out solutions for storing large and growing amounts of data. Active Circle software is industry-smart: it handles industry-specific data formats, provides optimizations and user-oriented interfaces. It integrates deeply into applications to simplify their workflows and to provide an unlimited space to store, archive and share data.
For more information, visit http://www.active-circle.com