(Toronto, Canada--January 27, 2014) Some of the world’s leading manufacturers of camera systems, lenses, lighting equipment, workflow technology and other film and television production gear will be on hand as SIM Digital, along with PS Production Services and Bling Digital, hosts its SIM Technology Showcase on January 30th. Held annually at SIM’s headquarters in Toronto, the showcase has become a can’t miss event for seasoned and emerging production professionals seeking to connect with industry experts. Exhibitors at this year’s event will include ARRI, which will be showing the ARRI AMIRA, its new documentary-style camera, for the first time in Canada. Sony will be demonstrating new workflows for its popular F55 camera system.
“It’s among the best events of its kind,” said Sebastien Laffoux, Camera Sales Manager, ARRI Canada. “It attracts a great crowd, it’s well organized and well executed.” In addition to ARRI AMIRA, ARRI will be showcasing the ARRI ALEXA XT with the latest anamorphic lenses, as well as several new lighting products, including its M8, a compact HMI lamphead; and L7-D, an LED Fresnel. “There is a lot of anticipation for these products,” Laffoux observed, “and we are expecting a great turnout at SIM, Toronto.”
Other highlights include:
- Thales Angenieux will be showing its top optics including the new 25-250 Zoom.
- Fujinon will demo its growing range of PL Mount lenses including the latest Fujifilm ZK Light Weight Cabrio Zooms. (The newly developed Fujifilm ZK series features an exclusive and unique “Detachable” servo drive unit.)
- Bling Digital will be will be demonstrating updated systems for data management and video assist, the latest dailies workflows for features shooting in ARRIRAW, POD-based remote lab stations, plus editorial and finishing solutions.
- Lighting and grip specialist PS Production Services will showcase its new EXO Camera Cart as well as its most popular crane and dolly systems.
- More local and international exhibitors have signed up for the show and guests can bet there will be a couple of surprise demonstrations revealed at the event.
“We look forward to hosting this Showcase every year,” said SIM Digital Chief Executive Officer Rob Sim. “I like that our event takes on a party-like atmosphere - there’s great food, refreshments and even performances. It’s wonderful to see guests reconnecting with old colleagues and friends as they explore all of the new equipment and solutions on display. Since the event draws out many of Toronto’s top industry professionals, it has become a great platform for launching new products in Canada.”
SIM Digital’s 9th Annual SIM Technology Showcase
January 30, 2014, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
SIM Digital, Toronto. 1 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 110, Toronto, ON M6K 3E7
Arri Canada, Canon, CineSys Oceana, Convergent Design, DAV Solutions Inc., Evertz, For-A, Fujinon Inc., HD Source, KRE Electric, Lentequip Inc., Rosco, Sennheiser Canada, SHAPE, Sony of Canada, Source Maker, The Source Shop, Technically Yours Inc., Thales Angenieux, Vistek, ZGC / Cooke, Midnight Hour
About The SIM Group
The SIM Group is a leading supplier of technology to the film and television industry. Its operating units, SIM Digital, Bling Digital and PS Production Services, maintain offices across the USA, Canada and China. SIM Digital is a world-class rental facility specializing in digital production equipment and workflow services. SIM Digital offers one of the largest and most diverse inventories of the latest digital cinematography tools from top manufacturers including ARRI, Sony, RED, Panasonic, Canon, Fujinon, Angenieux, Zeiss, Cooke. In tandem with its innovative Bling Digital division, the company offers the industry’s most comprehensive workflow solutions for feature and television production, encompassing cameras, data, dailies, offline editorial, finishing and archiving. PS Production Services is a rental supplier of lighting, grip, generators and dolly equipment. For more information, visit http://www.simdigital.com