(London, United Kingdom--February 6, 2014) Aspera, creators of next-generation software technologies that move the world’s large data at maximum speed, will showcase a comprehensive portfolio of high-speed file transfer, processing, validation, and automation solutions for the broadcast and media industries at stand H15 at Broadcast Video Expo 2014, taking place on 25-27 February at Excel in London. At 13.45 on Tuesday 25 February, Michelle Munson, Aspera’s president, CEO and co-founder, will lead a seminar on ‘High-performance File Processing, Validation and Automation for Broadcast Workflows’ in the Broadcast IT theatre
Today’s media workflows increasingly involve end-to-end, customized and automated operations, often with a combination of both cloud and on-premise storage. They require the integration of multiple geographically dispersed teams, processes, and technologies for transferring, validating, transforming, and distributing content. Munson’s seminar will explore how Aspera enables real-time processing and automation of these workflows to streamline and shorten production cycles and deliver content to viewers faster and at a lower cost then ever before. Aspera software demonstrations will cover DPP file format validation pre-, post- and during transfers with complete control over the process allowing the transfer session to complete or fail depending on whether the validation is successful and complete end-to-end workflow automation covering ingest, transformation, distribution, and archive across hybrid on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure
At stand H15, Aspera will showcase the latest innovations to its high-speed data transfer and automation solutions to enable global content supply chains:
– Aspera will demonstrate high-speed transfer and synchronization from desktop to cloud with Aspera Drive, named best of IBC 2013 by TVB Europe. Completely integrated with the Aspera high-speed transfer platform, Aspera Drive offers integrated desktop and mobile browsing of remote files, drag-and-drop high-speed upload and download from cloud storage, background file synchronization, and sending and receiving of extremely large files and data sets at global distances for the ultimate secure file distribution experience.
– The Aspera file-based workflow automation platform has been enhanced with full failover support, integrated Active Directory and LDAP support, and multi-tenant capabilities. The powerful automation platform easily integrates with the best of breed file format validation technologies to support deep file inspection and format validation pre-, post-, and during high-speed transfers.
Aspera On Demand
– The platform as a service (PaaS) enables media companies and content service providers to use high-speed FASP™ transport to ingest and distribute large files to and from the SoftLayer, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Windows Azure and Google Clouds and integrate their platforms into media services running in the cloud.
Aspera faspex™ and Aspera Shares
– Web applications and mobile clients for fast, ad-hoc file exchange enable collaborative, person-to-person workflows spanning on-premise, cloud and hybrid deployments. The faspex
and Shares solutions are uniquely designed to allow media files to be securely transferred between any storage locations (on premise or in cloud) on behalf of users or project groups with privacy, security and fine-grained access control. Aspera will demonstrate sending via faspex
dropboxes to Aspera Shares destinations by workgroup, full SAML integration for single sign-on, and configurable distribution lists.
– The high-performance (10-100X rsync), multidirectional file replication and synchronization solution for remote collaboration and disaster recovery scenarios offers full integration with Aspera Console for global visibility and control of sync sessions across the entire network, advanced file handling options such as file-level de-duplication eliminating unnecessary transfers and reducing storage use.
– Aspera will preview faspex
4.0, a file sharing and package sending web application tier, which powers the Aspera Drive file-sharing ecosystem. A new project-based approach combines users and user groups with file and directory resources (“Shares”) into project collaboration spaces.
Aspera, an IBM® Company, is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented, Emmy® award-winning FASP protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera’s core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Over 2,200 organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets.
Please visit http://www.asperasoft.com
and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft for more information.