(Los Angeles, California--February 27, 2014) In this competition TouchEdit gives you the huge opportunity to edit real footage from a Hollywood blockbuster movie. Exclusive to TouchEdit and first of its kind competition, Marvel Studios is providing students with the unique chance to edit a never before shown action scene from the studio’s new blockbuster Thor: The Dark World.
The two biggest national and international student and academic organizations representing film schools worldwide CILECT and UFVA and the prestigious professional editor’s association ACE is sponsoring the event.
Win ONE-OF-A-KIND PRIZES and a chance at attending a Masters Workshop class** in editing offered by editor Dan Lebental, ACE as well as a mentorship from Dan himself for the grand prize winner***.
Prizes include amongst others the latest iPad and TouchEdit licenses for the winners and for their school!
The scene provided by Marvel Studios must be edited with TouchEdit ONLY otherwise you are disqualified!!
The final edit must be no longer than 1 minute.
Marvel & TouchEdit Future Action Editor Competition
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: TouchEdit, LLC, 3450 Cahuenga Blvd W, #407, Los Angeles, CA 90068.
2. LIMITATIONS: Sponsor must receive all Entries during the Entry Period by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on March 31, 2014. Only one Entry per person. Open only to persons who are ages 14 and up as of December 31st, 2013 and currently enrolled as a student for the 2014-2015 school year. Entries belonging to participants younger than 14 years of age will be disqualified. Entrants must be legal residents of the 50 United States or D.C. (“Territory”), if residing in the United States. International students ages 14 as of December 31st, 2013 and currently enrolled as a student for the 2014-2015 school year are qualified to apply as well. Neither Sponsor, Marvel Entertainment, LLC (“Marvel”), or their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies or the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing outside the Territory, or Entries that are altered, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, late, lost, multiple, mutilated, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized or unintelligible; or for other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, mechanical or human error or other causes, even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
3. ENTRY: Applicant must be a student (as set forth in Section 2 above) to enter.
Official applications and authorization forms (“Forms”) for Marvel & TouchEdit Future Action Editor Competition (the “Contest”) will be available commencing on February 25th, 2014, and ending at 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time on March 31, 2014 (collectively, “Entry Period”). You may enter this Contest by (a) downloading the Application Form and the Authorization and Release Form at www.toucheditapp.com;
(b) Completing the Application Form and Authorization and Release Form and e-mailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your final video; (c) Fill out Name, Entrants School email or regular email if high school, Or Student ID #, Phone #, School Name, Faculty Advisor or Instructor and faculties e-mail address on toucheditapp.com website; and (d) completing and uploading your video submission of the Thor: The Dark World edited clip (“Video”) to www.toucheditapp.com during the Entry Period. Incomplete Application Forms and submissions without a completed and signed Authorization and Release Form cannot be considered for the Contest. Your Application, Authorization and Release Form, and your Video are collectively referred to as your “Entry”. Your Video submission may be up to one minute in length and must be edited using the TouchEdit app. The Video must be no longer than 1 minute including TDW card at the end of the submission clip. The Video must be edited on an iPad using the TouchEdit app or the applicant will be disqualified.
Video submissions must be titled as follows: YourLastName_FirstName_ Marvel & TouchEdit's Future Action Editor Competition (e.g., Doe_Jane_ Marvel & TouchEdit's Future Action Editor Competition) and must also comply with the following:
Please only include your first name in the Video. Videos that include last names, physical addresses, high school names, or any other identifying information will be immediately disqualified from further consideration.
Video submission must only use original material provided. No material outside of what is provided is allowed or Entry will be discarded.
If Video is taken by a third party, entrant must have secured all rights and clearances to the Video from the third party.
Video cannot contain any music or any images besides the Thor: The Dark World images and music provided and uploaded from toucheditapp.com.
Video cannot contain materials embodying copyrighted images, names, likenesses, photographs or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
Video cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people or companies.
Video cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group or be derogatory to any ethic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group.
Video cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
Video cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
Video may not include images of a known celebrity, famous or well-known person or any image which violates the right of privacy or publicity of any person.
4. SUBMISSION LICENSE: Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, you grant to Sponsor, Marvel its licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify, create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit the Entry and/or Film, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised, for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. All Videos may appear in the Video Upload gallery at www.touchedit.com.
5. PRIZE: Provided that Sponsor receives a sufficient number of qualified Entries, ten Finalist Prizes will be awarded, including:
Marvel Studios will post the winner’s video on their company website at www.marvel.com; TouchEdit will also post the winner’s video on their company’s website at toucheditapp.com ;
Dan Lebental, ACE will provide mentorship for an entire year for the winner; this will entail monthly meetings no longer than 5 hours; this should be redeemed no later than a month after the winner was officially announced on toucheditapp.com.
The grand prize winner will also get the latest version of the iPad air as of 02/01/2014
12 finalists each receive a recognition plaque from TouchEdit and their schools each get 10 full TouchEdit app codes to be able to download free versions of the app from iTunes. The codes need to be used in the first 29 days after receiving them, after which they will expire.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Finalist Prize: $1,400. Total value of prizes is $14,000.00. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of Finalist Prize will not be awarded. All expenses not specifically mentioned in this paragraph are not included and are solely the Finalist’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round-trip transportation between Finalist’s residence and Dan Lebental’s office, food, gratuities, insurance for travel protection, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs, other optional activities, additional taxes and telephone calls. No additional layovers, extensions or modifications are included. No type of travel and lodging is covered. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. Prize elements may not be separated. The prize will be awarded, provided it is validly claimed by April 30, 2014, after which no alternate Finalist will be selected, nor unclaimed prize awarded.
6. PROCEDURES: Entries will only be accepted during the Entry Period. The Entries will be judged by Sponsor or a panel of independent judges appointed by the Sponsor (the “Judges”), who will use the criteria set forth below to determine the top ten Finalists: 35% Content Clarity, 35% Memorable/Interesting, 20% Individuality, 10% Quality of Submission. Provided that Sponsor receives a sufficient number of qualified Entries, the ten Entries that received the highest Judges scores will be deemed potential Finalists. In the event of a tie for the Entry judging, the tied Video with the highest score in Content Clarity, will be deemed the potential Finalist. If additional tie breakers are still needed, the tied Video with the highest score in Memorable/Interesting, will be deemed the potential Finalist. The Finalists will be selected on or about April 24, 2014.
Marvel Studios owns any and all submissions.
7. FINALISTS: Sponsor will notify the potential Finalists by e-mail and telephone, on or about April 24, 2013. All potential Finalists will be required to sign and return, within 48 hours days of Finalist notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE CONTEST SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. All legal responsibilities of a minor under these official rules (“Rules”) will be assumed by the parent/legal guardian (“Parent”); and a minor Finalist’s prize will be awarded in the name of the Parent for the benefit of the minor. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Finalist may result from any of the following: [a] potential Finalist’s failure to respond within 48 hours after Sponsor sends notification to the potential Finalist; [b] the return of any notice as undeliverable; [c] potential Finalist’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; [d] potential Finalist’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity by April 26 2014; [g] potential Finalist’s failure to validly claim the prize by October 26, 2014; and [h] any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate Finalist. The winner is solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (valid photo I.D., etc.) before departure, if he lives in a different country or state than Dan Lebental, ACE. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the Finalist, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize.
8. CONDITIONS: Each entrant, by entering this Contest agrees that: [a] he/she will abide by and be bound by the Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions; [b] the Entry becomes solely Marvel’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned; [c] the Releasees are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize or participation in this Contest or in any activity related thereto; [d] the Releasees do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Contest; [e] Finalist’s acceptance of the prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to use Finalist's name, address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and prize information and statements about the promotion for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law; [f] in the event unauthorized human intervention, Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism or other matters beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control, corrupt, prevent or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, so that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, except where prohibited by law, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Rules or to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Contest; and in such event, to select a Finalist by such method as Sponsor in its sole discretion may consider equitable, and in the event the Trip has already commenced, to terminate the Trip and return the Finalists to any airport of origin as soon as reasonably possible; [g] the Releasees are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to: errors in the advertising, Rules and selection and announcement of the Finalists; [h] any portion of the Prize not accepted or used by the Finalists will be forfeited; [i] the Releasees are not responsible for any inability of the Finalists to accept or use the prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason; and [j] Sponsor has the right to modify prize award procedures at its sole discretion.
For a list of Finalists after April 24, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Marvel & TouchEdit Future Action Editor Competition, 3450 Cahuenga Blvd W, #407, Los Angeles CA 90068, within 60 days after contest end date. Vermont residents may omit return postage. The same address can be used to acquire the official rules by mail and also to obtain the winners lists.