(Las Vegas, Nevada--March 6, 2014) THALES ANGENIEUX and BINOCLE 3D have decided to serve the Broadcast Industry with innovative ways of shooting, giving operators the opportunity to enlarge their service offer.
THALES ANGENIEUX, well known by Cinema Professionals worldwide as manufacturers of the famous Optimo series of lenses, and having worked in the Broadcast Industry for more than 75 years has made the decision to invest in 3D applications for TV to give the opportunity to its customers to offer more versatile services.
BINOCLE 3D, has long been a dynamic actor in stereoscopic 3D, providing hardware and crews to shoot major many movies and documentaries, many of which have been rewarded for the outstanding 3D mastering.
Both companies have long been working together, exploring innovative ways of shooting and particularly several stereoscopic 3D projects. The last but not least “3D Live” being dedicated to Live production in S3D for OB work.
The partners have gained field expertise and have encountered all the drawbacks of S3D shooting: Too complicated, too long, too expensive, too much???
That experience resulted in the development of new rigs, lenses and correction tool. Every effort was made to address known pros & cons of stereoscopic 3D shooting: equipment size, weight, handling, total operating cost, etc.
The first system “AB One”
is branded under the partnership “AB LIVE”
This easy to manage system brings stereoscopic 3D production within reach of everybody, while drastically reducing operational costs, particularly in the case of live events.
The main aim is to offer a versatile turnkey solution with tailor made support, adaptable to all projects.
The two partners offer a solution accessible to the largest number:
AB LIVE is offering S3D for all - Come and see it on our NAB booth C7419, from April 7th to 10th.
- The system is fast and easy to install, thanks to its unique Plug & shoot concept: No need of specialised technical crew: 2D team can easily set up as usual under 5 minutes per rig!
- The expertise on lenses have enabled THALES ANGENIEUX to design specific 3D lenses making them easy to synchronise and so quick.
- Alignment is fast & easy thanks to special programme and user friendly operating panel.
- System has been designed to work for live operation with a Fiber adapter direct link to Operations with standard metadata connections.
- 3D vision engineers benefit from special OCP Operating Control Panel, enabling several rigs control.
- Tool analyser with automatic corrections is complementing the system, optimising its cost for operations.
- Finally, the team is supporting its customers & users in running perfect 3D shooting at limited cost, making it competitive to 2D.
Find more details on http://www.ablive3d.com
and follow us on our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/ABLIVEsolutions