(Las Vegas, Nevada--March 6, 2014) At the NAB Show 2014 next month, Aframe will highlight the concrete time- and cost-savings being achieved by cloud computing deployments at major broadcast, news and sports media around the globe – and the automation, convenience and control made possible with the Aframe 3.0, a major new version of its cloud video platform. As the cloud transforms most every business process involved in the production and distribution of broadcast video content, the growing community of Aframe deployments and the company’s thought leadership offer emerging best practices for others to consider - and showcase the dramatically improved workflows that are taking even more pain out of the production and broadcast process today.
“Ten years from now, when we look back at the sea changes the broadcast industry experienced – from linear to nonlinear editing, from analog to file-based workflows – we will cite the year 2014 as the year we pivoted every workflow to become cloud-enabled”
Speaking Roles Highlight Fox Sports 1, More
’s CEO David Peto will speak twice as part of NAB 2014
’s Media Management in the Cloud conference
Debuting Aframe 3.0 and Its Many Innovations
- Content Creation in the Cloud session’s Post Production panel discussion, Tuesday, April 8 at 1 pm PT in S225, where key technology executives and creatives will review current use of cloud-based solutions and opportunities where they’re expanding their reach.
- Case Study Panel, Wed 4/9/14 at 1:30 pm PT in S225, where Fox Sports 1’s Clyde Smith will narrate his award-winning workflow for expediting the ingest and delivery of content into its system from a global network of sports journalists, by automatically creating a broadcast-ready house format version of content at the time of ingest. Other prominent early adopters of cloud-based system are participating in the panel including UFC – Zuffa, Inc. and IBM.
Aframe is using NAB 2014 to launch the next generation of its cloud video platform, Aframe 3.0, and provide demonstrations of its time- and hassle-saving features in its booth in the South Lower Hall, # SL 9110. Aframe 3.0
incorporates a new desktop app offering.
- automated media movement workflows from location back to base
- custom transcoding technology for the widest array of pro-video formats on the market today
- an HTML5 player for precision control ahead of the edit
- asset management features that makes video collection, storage and management more globally capable than ever before.
When time is limited – and when isn’t it? - Aframe 3.0 helps professionals use the cloud to leverage existing on-premise assets even more efficiently, and coordinate entire mobile teams via the Internet so professionals can create and deliver content to air faster than ever. Aframe 3.0 also adds important control features for easier management across cost centers, and more fluid asset management – features that assure invaluable peace of mind about the control and security of high-value assets.
Customer Deployments, Partner Integration On Display
Customer deployments will figure prominently in Aframe’s presence at NAB 2014, including case study examples from cloud-based initiatives at the BBC, MTV, Fox, Keshet, Veria Living, Sixteen19, Arrow Media, Timeline TV, Endemol, Shine, All3Media, Hattrick, CPL and BT – savvy organizations that rely on Aframe’s cloud video platform.
“Ten years from now, when we look back at the sea changes the broadcast industry experienced – from linear to nonlinear editing, from analog to file-based workflows – we will cite the year 2014 as the year we pivoted every workflow to become cloud-enabled, ” said David Peto, CEO and co-founder of Aframe. “Aframe is delighted to work as trusted partner to so many industry leaders and we look forward to showcasing their work and our latest technology innovations at this year’s NAB Show.”
Aframe is a cloud video production system
with capabilities in collaboration, review and approval, archive and tagging. Already many thousands of video professionals around the world rely on Aframe to organize and streamline video production or as an adjunct to existing media asset management (MAM) solutions. Aframe users upload their raw video footage from wherever they are in the world onto Aframe’s cloud, securely store it there, and share it with anyone, anywhere as they collaborate on TV, film, corporate video or advertising spots. The timecode-specific metadata that Aframe users generate can be transferred directly from the cloud into any of the top 3 NLE platforms. Once there, the metadata relinks with the original media – retaining all user changes automatically. If desired Aframe can provide logging services
that makes video discoverable and expedite finding the perfect clip.
Aframe also can serve as a cloud-based MAM architecture to centralize a library of production and broadcast-ready video assets and supporting documentation. For more information visit http://www.aframe.com