(San Diego, California--March 26, 2014) DVEO, the broadcast division of Computer Modules, Inc. (CMI), will introduce their new IP multiplexer/demultiplexer at the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Show, April 7-10, in Las Vegas, Nevada, at booth SU2903.
Multiplexers combine several MPEG-2 and/or H.264 transport streams into a single multiplex transport stream, or "mux" for short. They also combine several multiplexes into a single remultiplex, or "remux".
DVEO's T-Mux IP/IP™ is a professional transport stream multiplexer and demultiplexer with GigE inputs and output. It combines or multiplexes 2 to 7 incoming MPEG-2 and/or H.264 IP Transport Streams, single program transport streams (SPTS) or multiple program transport streams (MPTS), to a single multiple program transport stream.
The muxed stream can be output to IP (UDP or RTP) or optional DVB-ASI. The system also de-muxes transport streams (SPTS/MPTS) to two to seven MPEG-2 and H.264 transport streams.
"This device is designed for cable companies, telcos, and IPTV operators who source their content via dedicated circuits or public internet," commented Laszlo Zoltan, Vice President of DVEO. "The T-Mux IP/IP provides an affordable way to deliver multiplexed IP streams across broadband infrastructure. It features excellent PID (program identifier) manipulation, including PID filtering, addition, and mapping."
The T-Mux IP/IP features LCD front panel controls plus web-based management, and front panel connectors for easy setup of the IP inputs.
The optional ASI system includes one ASI input, seven UDP/RTP inputs, one ASI output, and one UDP/RTP output.
Suggested Retail Prices:
- Multiplexes two to seven MPEG-2 and H.264 transport streams (SPTS/MPTS)
- Inputs: 7 IP inputs (10/100/1000 Mbps, UDP, RTP)
- Outputs: One multiplexed stream to IP (UDP, RTP, 10/100/1000 Mbps) or optional ASI
- De-multiplexes single transport streams (SPTS/MPTS) to two to seven MPEG-2 and H.264 transport streams
- Inputs: One IP input (10/100/1000 Mbps, UDP, RTP) or one optional DVB-ASI input
- Outputs: 7 IP outputs (10/100/1000 Mbps, UDP, RTP)
- Option for one ASI input, seven UDP/RTP inputs, one ASI output, and one UDP/RTP output
- UDP Unicast and Multicast support
- Supports all video layers and profiles including Multi-view and 4:2:2
- Audio stream types supported: AC-3, Enhanced AC-3, MPEG Audio (Layers I, II, and III), AAC, DTS
- SMPTE 302M 8 channel audio (pass through)
- Transport packet size: 188 bytes
- LCD front panel controls plus web-based management
- Front panel connectors for IP inputs, for easy setup
- Transport stream input rates up to 40 Mbps per channel
- Transport stream output rates up to 400 Mbps
- Program filter and mapping
- PID filtering and mapping
- PSI (PAT/PMT) signaling
- PCR dejittering and restamping
- TS CBR to VBR conversion
- TS VBR to CBR conversion
- Bit rate conversion CBR to CBR, VBR to VBR
T-Mux IP/IP: $3,995 U.S.
T-Mux IP/IP+ASI – Option for one ASI input, and one ASI output: $4,995 U.S.
About CMI and DVEO
CMI, founded in 1982, is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. DVEO, the Broadcast Division of Computer Modules, Inc., sells digital video and high definition television (HDTV) products to the top television broadcast companies throughout the world.
DVEO, 11409 West Bernardo Court, San Diego, California, 92127 Web: http://www.dveo.com