(Las Vegas, Nevada--March 31, 2014) SuperMeets are for those who use or want to learn to use Macintosh-based workflows and solutions. The Las Vegas SuperMeet promises to be the single largest gathering of Apple, Adobe, Autodesk, Avid editors, gurus and and digital filmmakers during Nab Show 2014. Doors will open at 4:30PM. Stage presentations will begin at 7:00 PM.- The agenda has been set for the 13th Annual Las Vegas SuperMeet, to be held on Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at the Riviera Hotel Royale Ballroom in Las Vegas, NV. Tickets for the SuperMeet are on sale online for $15.00 each plus ticket fee and $10.00 for students and teachers. They will be $20.00 at the door. It is expected this SuperMeet will sell out as historically every Las Vegas SuperMeet sells out.
Scheduled to appear on stage (subject to change):
- Colorist Alexis Van Hurkman will take the stage once again to show off "SuperSecret" new features in Blackmagic Design's Davinci Resolve coloring software. He will be joined by a "special" guest. In addition, Blackmagic Design will raffle off a DaVinci Resolve System complete with Control Surface, a package worth $29,995.00.
- Bob Bronow, sound mixer for the hit TV show, "World's Deadliest Catch" will walk us through his workflow, showing how software like iZotope's RX 3 can give you instant results...even if you're not an audio expert.
- Jeff Wood, VP, Worldwide Product Management for HP will provide a brief overview of HP's workstation products and then introduce the crowd to Jacob Rosenberg from Bandito Brothers to tell the story of how HP has helped bring performance, innovation and reliability to their studio environment. In addition, HP will raffle off a fully loaded HP Workstation, complete with a 27" DreamColor Monitor and nVidia Quadro 6000K Graphics card. The first 500 people through the door are eligible to win this $14,000.00 package.
- Adobe Premiere Pro has come to be known for its accelerated workflows, incredible power and unparalleled integration with other Adobe tools, particularly After Effects! Al Mooney will demonstrate how, through Creative Cloud, new innovations will continue to make Premiere Pro CC the market leading NLE.
- GoPro is a new sponsor to the SuperMeet and filmmaker Jim Geduldick will take the stage, along with "special guests," to show off the capabilities of the GoPro Hero3 camera.
- Autodesk's Ken LaRue and Marc Hamaker have created a special presentation for the Las Vegas SuperMeet to show off some new things in Autodesk Smoke and have some fun with a few 3D tools and workflows that editors might not expect.
Rounding out the evening will be the always wild and crazy "World Famous Raffle" with over $100,000 worth of filmmaker-related prizes to be handed out to dozens of lucky winners including a Flanders Scientific CM250 Monitor, Freefly Movi 5, Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF, Blackmagic Pocket Camera, AJA iO 4K and much much more.
Doors will open at 4:30PM for the "SuperMeet Digital Showcase" featuring over 30 software and hardware developers including Adobe, Blackmagic Design, GoPro, HP, Autodesk, iZotope, Atomos, Audio Network, B&H, CoreMelt, Future Media Concepts, Flanders Scientific, Freefly, Genarts, HDDISK, Motionvfx, Red Giant, Ripple Training, Shutterstock, SNS, Apogee, ASMP, Boris FX, Corning, Dot Hill, G-Tech, Imagine, JB&A, mLogic, Moviola, NewBlueFX, Pond5, RE:Vision Effects and Sonnet. Here, attendees can enjoy a few cocktails, network and party with industry peers, talk one on one with leading manufacturers and learn about the latest trends in collaborative editing workflows for post production and broadcast markets.
To purchase tickets and for complete details on the Las Vegas SuperMeet, including directions to the Riviera Hotel Royale Ballroom, a current list of raffle prizes and agenda, visit the SuperMeet web site.
Blackmagic Design: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com
SuperMeets are networking gatherings of Final Cut Studio, Adobe and Avid editors, gurus and digital filmmakers from throughout the world who use or want to learn to use Macintosh-based workflows and solutions such as Apple's Final Cut Studio suite of applications. SuperMeets are held annually in San Francisco, Austin, Las Vegas, Amsterdam, London and Boston. The SuperMeet agenda usually includes demos of new products, digital video tips and tricks, and filmmaker show and tells, including a SuperMeet Digital Showcase with vendors and small developers providing workflow solutions for digital filmmakers and content creators. All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.