(Nevada City, California--April 1, 2014) Telestream®, the leading provider of video transcoding and workflow solutions, today announced it will demonstrate its full line of enterprise-class Vantage file-based software solutions in Booth SL3905 at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show in Las Vegas, April 7-10. Vantage transcoding products will feature all the latest formats and technologies, including HEVC and 4K. New workflow products built on the Vantage platform include Post Producer for automating content assembly and TrafficManager for streamlining commercial and syndicated workflows.
"We'll be showcasing advanced technologies that come as standard features in the Vantage product line, demonstrating the highest video quality, the fastest video processing, and the broadest format support. These exciting software solutions solve real-world problems for our customers in an economical and repeatable fashion," said Paul Turner
, VP of enterprise product management at Telestream.
Vantage demonstration highlights include:
- Transcoding is at the core of the Vantage video processing platform. Telestream is showcasing its complete family of best-in-class Vantage video transcoding products for multiplatform distribution, including broadcast, cable, VOD, IPTV, multiscreen and OTT. Vantage transcoding products utilize the latest technologies to deliver pristine quality, exceptional processing speeds, plus the industry's most extensive workflow automation and system support.
- Post Producer is a new content production and assembly product that automates repetitive production processes which would otherwise tie up editors and costly editing suites. Based on user-supplied templates, Post Producer automatically assembles a segment or spot, compositing video, graphics, titles, and captions or subtitles, and applies audio processing as required. In addition to providing significant cost savings, Post Producer accelerates the versioning process which allows more jobs to be completed and billed. Post Producer leverages the unique capabilities of Vantage to address multiple market segments, while providing workflow consistency, scalability and reliability. New features being shown at NAB include support for popular NLE timelines, composition input from Sony Creative Media Services, and Canoe DAI (dynamic ad insertion) asset creation.
- TrafficManager is a complete end-to-end solution for managing the movement of commercials and syndicated content - from ingest to transmission. TrafficManager offers broadcast and cable companies a central point of ingest for material received from commercial delivery services, FTP, tape, and USB devices. Plus, a Web portal allows regional and local advertisers to upload their assets. TrafficManager offers all departments a centralized view of the assets. Rules-based workflow automation reduces costs by minimizing the chance of human error and ensuring legal compliance.
- Vantage Cloud is a new product that complements on-premise Vantage systems by allowing users to quickly and easily spin up and tear down transcode farms in the cloud, making it possible to dynamically respond to fluctuating workflow needs. Vantage Cloud offers all the capabilities of Vantage - including automated transcoding, media processing, automated decision-making, and third-party integrations - on cloud-based infrastructure. With global reach and pay-as-you-go pricing at Amazon Web Services, Vantage Cloud offers greater flexibility and choice in where and how users get their work done.
- HEVC and 4K are hot topics this year, and Vantage support for both is being demonstrated. HEVC offers significant bit rate reductions for a given image quality and is an enabler to 4K workflows. Vantage demonstrations include a comparison of HEVC/H.265, using the open source x265 codec, with H.264 video.
- Vantage integration with Avid systems is another key demonstration. Vantage offers the fastest way to move media and metadata in and out of Avid workflows - making it especially useful for news operations. Vantage enables proxy generation in parallel with full-resolution transcoding, plus transcode while export for playout devices. Removing these tasks from the edit suite, allows editorsto focus on creative work.
Third-party integrations are an important capability of Vantage workflow orchestration. Nearly a dozen partners are featuring Telestream Vantage integrations in their NAB booths, including: Aspera SL8511, Avid SU902, Digimetrics N3833, Empress SL12710, FileCatalyst SL9113, Front Porch Digital SU4302, Nexidia SL12517, Quantum SL8416, Sony C11001, and Venera N3739. Telestream is also being featured at FIMS (Framework for Interoperable Media Services) booth N1231.
NAB Broadcast Engineering Conference Participation: HEVC - Comparing MPEG-2, H.264 and HEVC
is being presented Sunday April 6 from 4:00-4:30 pm in room S225 by John Pallett, Telestream director of product marketing. Quality Control for Verifying Closed Caption Data in a File-Based Workflow
is being presented Monday, April 7 from 10:30-11:00 am in room S227 by Telestream captioning expert, Giovanni Galvez.
For more information and to schedule a meeting at Teletream's NAB Booth SL3905, visit http://www.telestream.net/company/nab-2014.htm
Telestream provides world-class live and on-demand digital video tools and workflow solutions that allow consumers and businesses to transform video on the desktop and across the enterprise. Many of the world’s most demanding media and entertainment companies as well as a growing number of users in a broad range of business environments, rely on Telestream products to streamline operations, reach broader audiences and generate more revenue from their media. Telestream products span the entire digital media lifecycle, including video capture
and ingest; live and on-demand encoding
; captioning; playout, delivery, and live streaming
; as well as automation and orchestration of the entire workflow
. Telestream corporate headquarters are located in Nevada City, California. The company is privately held. For more information, visit http://www.telestream.net