(San Jose, California--April 2, 2014) (EON: Enhanced Online News)--Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced plans to significantly update all the video apps in Adobe Creative Cloud and will showcase these innovations at the NAB 2014 show in Las Vegas next week. Milestone feature additions, expected to ship in the next coming months, include major updates to Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe After Effects CC, designed to make everyday tasks easier and faster, enabling video professionals to create stunning videos, TV shows, films and commercials more efficiently. At NAB Adobe is also unveiling new features for Adobe Anywhere, the collaborative workflow platform that empowers teams using Adobe professional video apps to work together as they access and manage centralized media and assets across virtually any network.
Underscoring the rapid adoption of Adobe Creative Cloud tools in the broadcast and film industries, Adobe is also proud to announce that two-time Academy Award-winning editor Kirk Baxter A.C.E. is cutting David Fincher's upcoming feature film “Gone Girl” exclusively with Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Revealing the Future of Adobe Video
At the NAB 2014 show, Adobe will provide a sneak peek of the innovative magic coming soon to the company’s professional video apps. Key updates include:
Collaborating in Real-Time with Adobe Anywhere
- Timesaving editorial features in Premiere Pro CC. New features include Live Text Templates that let users edit text in After Effects CC compositions directly in Premiere Pro CC; Autosave to Creative Cloud for automated backup of projects; and a new Masking and Tracking feature that provides accurate masks that follow subjects and blur out faces and logos, crucial for newsroom editing. In addition, the new Master Clip effect in Premiere Pro and SpeedGrade changes the effects applied to original clips and ripples down through all instances of the clip.
- Powerful new updates to After Effects CC include Keying effects to provide better keying results with compressed footage; and Typekit integration with Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC provides users with access to a growing library of fonts worth $30,000, that can be used on the desktop.
- For more information on the new features coming to the Creative Cloud video apps, please go here.
Adobe today also announced important updates to Adobe Anywhere, the modern collaborative workflow platform that empowers users of Adobe professional video solutions such as Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe After Effects CC to work together using centralized media and assets across standard networks. Adobe Anywhere complements Creative Cloud applications and enables deep collaboration for large organizations working with video, including broadcasters, educational institutions and government agencies. New features for Adobe Anywhere include: Hot Backup, which provides real-time backup of projects; Rough Cut Support to start editing rough cuts in Prelude CC and finish sequences in Premiere Pro CC; and After Effects CC media processing for direct integration between Anywhere and After Effects CC.
Adobe will demonstrate these new solutions for the first time at NAB at its booth #SL3910, in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, April 7 – 10. Adobe will also highlight key customer and partner focused initiatives at its booth and will have its professional video and broadcast apps presented in nearly 100 partner booths throughout the NAB exhibition.
Steve Warner, vice president of product development, Adobe
- “Broadcasters, filmmakers, corporate publishers and video professionals today are expected to relentlessly keep up with new formats, frame rates and distribution methods. Customers who have switched to Adobe Creative Cloud from alternative offerings tell us that Adobe apps and solutions give them a significant advantage. And with hundreds of new features and enhancements added with regular releases over the past 12 months, we continue to raise the bar with faster workflows for video pros.”
Chris Witmayer, Director of Broadcast, Production & New Media Technology, NASCAR Productions
- “NASCAR is all about speed. Adobe Creative Cloud provides us with all the tools we need to deliver content at a faster pace than we've ever experienced before. The frequent updates to the apps like Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, as well as the prospective collaboration and efficiency benefits of Adobe Prelude and Adobe Anywhere, provide us with new features that improve our workflow and allow us to focus on the content of our videos instead of the technology behind them.”
Stacey Foster, Coordinating Producer, Saturday Night Live
- "When the Saturday Night Live editorial team began using Adobe Premiere Pro the transition from Final Cut Pro 7 was easier than expected. The learning curve was almost nonexistent given the intuitive, adaptive nature of Creative Cloud applications. Our close working relationship with Adobe, coupled with the implementation of Creative Cloud has truly led to amazing results.”
Dan Dome, Associate Director, Post Production, Late Night with Seth Meyers
- “Starting a new show and workflow on Adobe Premiere CC made the most sense for us. The added benefits of working with footage natively and being able to take advantage of GPU acceleration really sealed the deal for us. Not to mention the obvious integration with all the Adobe apps we know and love really made Adobe Premiere CC the right choice for us.”
Ryan Connolly, Owner, Film Riot
- “After Effects CC is continuing to get more integrated with Premiere Pro CC and it’s just a dream come true for editors. Live Text Templates are a perfect example of having less back and forth, less rendering time, and more integration. It’s almost like working within one software program versus two.”
Sam Nicholson, CEO and Founder, Stargate Studios
- “We do an immense amount of green screen work and the new Keying effects in Adobe After Effects CC will help us preserve fine details when we’re keying out backgrounds and control the amount of green spill left in an image so we can work faster and more precisely.”
At NAB, Adobe is previewing the next major updates to its professional video and audio products that are not yet publicly available. These updates are expected to ship in the next couple of months, along with other major updates to Creative Cloud. Learn more about the forthcoming video updates here
or register for a special webinar on Thursday, April 10 here
. To be among the first to know when these and other Creative Cloud updates are available, follow us on Twitter @creativecloud or join us on Facebook.
About Creative Cloud
Creative Cloud is a radical rethinking of the entire creative process and an industry-defining shift in creative expression and inspiration, where members can explore, create, publish and share their work across devices, the desktop and the Web. With Creative Cloud membership, users also have access to: a vibrant global creative community; publishing services to deliver apps and websites; cloud storage and the ability to sync to virtually any device; and new products and exclusive updates as they’re developed.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit http://www.adobe.com