(Las Vegas, Nevada--April 6, 2014) axle Video, the company redefining media management, is proud to announce five new strategic partners: Dell, Harmonic, IBM, Promise, and Qualstar. Each is a well-established provider of innovative, high quality storage solutions. Together, they address applications from on-line storage to archive, and appeal to customers from independent producers to global broadcasters.
At NAB 2014 each of these companies will demonstrate axle media management with their solutions. The diversity of customers served by this group indicates wide appeal for axle’s radically simple approach to media management, making media asset management easy to install, use, and own.
Details and locations of the demos include:
- Dell (SL16014 and StudioXperience SU621E1) will show axle media management in conjunction with the Dell Fluid File System, which uniquely combines efficient scaling of capacity and performance using their proven NAS and SAN technologies. An axle-authored white paper, “Shared Storage – Big, Fast and Better Managed,” detailing axle workflow testing with Dell storage, will be available.
- Harmonic (SU1210) will feature axle 2014 software as part of an end-to-end creative workflow demonstration including shared storage, editing, transcoding and playout.
- IBM (S115LMR) visitors will learn about digital archive solutions which integrate axle Gear and IBM’s LTFS filesystem for LTO tape devices. axle is an IBM Business Partner.
- Promise (SL5329), well known for enterprise storage for Mac-based production environments, will feature axle media management with their VTrak E-Class RAID subsystem. Also featured will be axle’s one-stop migration service for the many Promise customers using Final Cut Server.
- Qualstar (SL13016) is launching the turnkey media exeQ storage and media management solution, which incorporates axle 2014 media management software as a core component. The media exeQ system can also be seen in solution contributors’ booths Active Storage (SL5630MR), Tiger Technology (SL11805) and Advantage Video Systems (SL13609).
“axle Video is definitely addressing an unmet need in the market.” said Steven N. Bronson, CEO of Qualstar. “We selected axle’s unique software as part of our groundbreaking mediaExeQ
solution which combines SAN, HSM and LTO technologies in a single system, and are excited about its ability to manage tiers of storage through a very user-friendly browser and mobile interface. axle is helping make this type of integrated solution affordable and fully integrated. “
“Clearly media workgroups need better organization and collaborative tools” said Sam Bogoch, axle CEO, “and although larger MAM systems certainly have their place, they bring with them a level of complexity, disruption, and expense that most customers simply don’t want or need. Our growing partner ecosystem goes hand in hand with our expansion of axle’s capabilities while keeping the experience radically simple. New iPhone/Android and Avid-compatible versions we’re introducing at NAB reinforce this point.”
The five new partners mentioned above join a rapidly growing ecosystem over 25 solution partners, all located at NAB in the South Hall. In addition to partners, NAB attendees can learn more at the axle Video booth, SL15516, in the lower South Hall, April 7-10.
About axle Video
axle Video LLC is a Boston-based software company dedicated to radically simple digital media management for small and mid-sized workgroups. Founders Sam Bogoch, Steve Ryan, and Patrice Gouttebel have extensive experience in media asset management for creative applications. axle’s media management software has been recognized with a Best of Show award at its introduction at IBC 2012, and at NAB 2013 received prestigious DV Magazine
Black Diamond and Post Picks awards.