(Las Vegas, Nevada--April 4, 2014) ToolsOnAir Broadcast Engineering continues to pioneer the most innovative and comprehensive broadcast suite available for the Mac OS platform. At NAB Booth SL13313
, the company will introduce new updates to their revolutionary "TV Station in a Mac" Broadcast Suite, with enhancements and features including pristine image quality, uncompressed real-time graphics, seamless integration of SD and HD multiple aspect ratios, and back-to-back playback of long GOP and I-frame only codecs in the same timeline.
Announcing version 1.8 of just:live/just:play
- Full Support for Mavericks 10.9 and Apple's new MacPro architecture
- New image-based software installer streamlines installation process
- New real-time log analyzer tool
- Full integration with just:control, ToolsOnAir's new control and monitoring application, enabling failover control using redundant playout
- New, advanced Spotlight-like Help function allows full text search without leaving the application
- New Placeholder function allows scheduling of content before uploading to the timeline
- Advanced codec and container support includes MXF, MPEG2-TS, AvidLE compatible codecs
- 8-bit playout mode supports publishing H.264/AAC compressed RTMP stream directly to a Wowza Media Server
- Support for US Closed Captioning regulations - add CC-608 and CC-708 data to final output with support for .MCC format
Hardware Support has been extended to include Blackmagic Design Ultra Studio Mini Monitor, Ultra Studio 4K and ATEM Production switchers, JLCooper eBox, and EVERTZ routers supporting the Quartz protocol.
Version 1.8 of just
:play also introduces a separate Event track for router/GPI control elements, freeing one FX Layer for additional graphics and enabling audio volume and aspect ratio changes while airing a clip.
Announcing version 1.7 of just:in multi
ToolsOnAir has taken the impressive feature set of just
:in multi and added support for XDCAM EX, HD and HD 422, as well as AVC-Intra 50/100 and H.264 codecs. Also new is the implementation of multiple recording destinations, improved support for proxy creation (also in an MP4 container), and full compatibility with new devices and drivers from AJA and Blackmagic Design.
ToolsOnAir will also be showing the extended Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC panel integration, as well as improved "growing file" support for MOV and MXF containers within Final Cut Pro X.
Also on demo at the ToolsOnAir booth:
Visit ToolsOnAir at Booth SL13313.
- live :cut - ToolsOnAir's professional multi-camera post-production tool with unparalleled support for Final Cut Pro X and Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC
- just:news - ToolsOnAir's ENG solution for OCTOPUS and AP ENPS users, with full MOS support
- Technology previews of applications built on:core
- integration with Wide Orbit traffic control
- flow:rage storage systems
- MAM workflow integration with Cantemo Portal
# # #
ToolsOnAir provides powerful, intuitive QuickTime-based applications designed to create a professional, fully functional broadcast production facility using Mac OS X and low-cost, off-the-shelf hardware components. The ToolsOnAir just
:Suite is designed with live broadcast production in mind, integrating video, audio and graphics, along with automation, asset management and multiple format capabilities. Full QuickTime and MXF compatibility eliminates time-intensive file conversion, and a powerful, intuitive GUI streamlines the workflow from ingest to playout