(Burbank, California--April 23, 2014) Sony F5 and F55 cameras are quickly becoming the preferred cameras on a wide area of episodic and unscripted television productions nationwide. Helping to fuel this growing demand, earlier this month Sony released version 4.0 firmware for the F5 and F55 large sensor cameras and the AXS-R5 recorder. Committed to adding value and future-proofing the Sony CineAlta cameras, the version 4.0 release includes many key upgrades including User Generated 3D LUT's via RAW VIEWER or DaVinci Resolve, Picture Cache, User Customizable Menu, and includes an SGAMUT3 release, providing a wider color space than SGAMUT3.CINE.
The full list of v4.0 upgrades follows below:
- 1. Picture Cache Recording
- 2. User Menu
- 3. Menu on the sub display
- 4. Simultaneous MPEG Proxy Recording for SStP (PMW-F55 only)
- 5. Seven color markers
- 6. Auto iris level indication
- 7. Video bandwidth selection for the HD/2K video output
- 8. User 3D LUT
- 9. S-Log3 installed in Paint Menu
- 10. S-Gamut3/S-Log3
- 11. New Matrix options (PMW-F55 only)
- 12. Lens RET button can be used for the assignable button
- 13. Support HDMI V2.0 (PMW-F55 only)
- 14. CBK-DCB01 is supported
- 15. Support the latest CA-4000 firmware
- 16. Flashing Rec Tally before start recording on RAW Operation
- 17. Bug Fixes
At the same time, Sony recently announced the extension of their 0% Percent Financing for F55
, F5, and FS700 cameras through September 30, 2014. Contact your Band Pro Salesperson to take advantage of this offer and get the industry’s best cameras on your next shoot with no out of pocket expense.
About Band Pro Film & Digital, Inc.
Since 1984, Band Pro Film & Digital, Inc. has specialized in products and solutions for professional filmmakers and videographers. From their offices in Burbank, CA; Atlanta, GA; New York City, NY; Munich, Germany; and Tel Aviv, Israel, Band Pro offers the highest level of knowledge and expertise along with the finest equipment and accessories available.