(Los Angeles, California--May 8, 2014) The Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild (IATSE Local 706) Awards honoring outstanding achievements for make-up artists and hair stylists in motion pictures, television, commercials and live theater will take place on Saturday, February 14, 2015 at Paramount Studios, it was announced today by IATSE Local 706 President Susan Cabral-Ebert.
The entry and voting timeline for the 2015 Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards is as follows:
- Submissions Open - Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Submissions Close - Friday, November 21, 2014 at 5:00PM (PT)
- Voting for Nominations Begins - Monday, December 8, 2014
- Voting for Nominations Close - Tuesday, January 6, 2015
- Nominations Announced - Thursday, January 8, 2015
- Final Ballot Voting Begins - Monday, January 19, 2015
- Final Ballot Voting Close - Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 5:00PM (PT)
- Winners Announced at the Local 706 Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards - Saturday, February 14, 2015
*Dates subject to change
Honorees for the Distinguished Artistan Award and the two Lifetime Achievement Awards
honoring Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists will be announced in the near future.
About Local 706:
The Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild (IATSE, Local 706) was chartered in November 1937. Today, membership includes over 1,800 artisans in the entertainment industry worldwide. Local 706 members are make-up artists and hair stylists who have created the looks for Hollywood’s most memorable characters and stars of stage, screen, television and now the Internet. The wide-ranging domains of these artists include feature films and television, commercials; “live” network television, all types of theatrical productions and Disneyland theme parks. Local 706 Members have created notable characters competing for Academy Awards®, Primetime Emmys®, Daytime Entertainment Emmys®, Saturns®, BAFTA Awards and many other honors for make-up and hair styling artistry, including their own Hollywood Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards®. The Local 706 Guild publishes The Artisan
, a glossy quarterly magazine, and provides panels, workshops and training both for members and others interested in the field to foster a spirit of innovation in the craft. The official website can be found at http://www.local706.org