(Montreal, Canada--July 8, 2014) Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, will make its European debut at IBC 2014, (September 12-16 at RAI, Amsterdam), exhibiting in Hall 1, Stand D11. The company will demonstrate how it is leading broadcasters and media companies through the challenges they face today, and will face tomorrow, with fully integrated, Future-Ready solutions, services and support. The new Grass Valley officially launched in April 2014 as a result of Belden Inc.’s investment of more than $1 billion in the broadcast market over the past two years, including the acquisitions, and subsequent merger, of Miranda and Grass Valley.
Grass Valley will show how it is continuing to work closely with its broadcaster, content owner, service provider and media customers, helping to address their needs with Future-Ready solutions that enable them to:
- Create, automate and deliver content across multiple platforms to a growing number of connected devices
- Open up new revenue opportunities and create efficiencies with IP, cloud-enabled and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Increase the quality of their content with higher frame-rate support and efficient delivery of UHDTV/4K and beyond
“By doing business with the new Grass Valley, our customers will benefit from the combined pedigree of Grass Valley and Miranda with a level of shared knowledge, experience and market insight that’s truly unrivaled in the industry,” said Marco Lopez, president, Grass Valley. “Broadcasters will be Future-Ready because of our ability to understand and anticipate their needs and provide game-changing solutions that keep their businesses on the competitive edge. At IBC, the stability and influence of Belden—a proven, strategic presence in the broadcast space—enables us to scale and invest in innovation while also providing a level of support to the market that can’t be matched.”
Visitors to Grass Valley’s IBC booth will be able to see and experience live demonstrations of the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of workflow solutions and services. A number of new solutions will be demonstrated for the first time to the EMEA market including:
LDX XtremeSpeed (LDX XS) camera with the K2 Dyno Replay System
– The advanced technology of the LDX XS teamed with K2 Dyno provides uncompromised performance and storytelling ability. The LDX XS cameras will be demonstrated in tandem with the K2 Dyno, which now includes the AnySpeed dynamic playback algorithm for smooth playback at any speed from zero to 200 percent and all speed transitions for 1X/3X/6X ultra slow-motion playout. This unique combination dramatically expands the ability of replay operators to deliver compelling live sports coverage with crisp imagery for instant replays and highlight packages.
NVISION IP 8500 Gateway
– These input/output cards for the NVISION 8500 hybrid router series are a major step forward for broadcasters as they look to transition their facilities from SDI to IP infrastructures. The cards convert and packetize real-time, uncompressed, baseband video to fit a single IP stream and support frame accurate switching for use in live production environments.
GV STRATUS Playout
– A revolutionary, cloud-enabled Software as a Service (SaaS) playout technology that combines the efficiency and flexibility of true cloud computing with the performance and rock solid reliability of a solid-state playout server on a single card.
Grass Valley will be exhibiting in Hall 1, Stand D11
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit new.grassvalley.com.
About Grass Valley
The new Grass Valley keeps broadcasters, content owners and service providers future-ready as they navigate the changing landscape of television. With the most comprehensive collection of workflow solutions in the industry, Grass Valley delivers end-to-end television production and content distribution workflows that enable the efficiency and flexibility broadcasters need to stay competitive today – while offering technological foresight they need to keep pace with consumers’ desires for more content on more devices. Grass Valley, headquartered in Montreal, leverages the collective expertise and depth of the Grass Valley Group and Miranda Technologies, each having been acquired by St. Louis-based Belden Inc. Belden delivers a comprehensive product portfolio designed to meet the mission-critical network infrastructure needs of industrial, enterprise and broadcast markets. With innovative solutions targeted at reliable and secure transmission of rapidly growing amounts of data, audio and video needed for today's applications, Belden is at the center of the global transformation to a connected world. For more information visit http://www.belden.com