(Cardiff, United Kingdom--July 22, 2014) Object Matrix, provider of intelligent nearline storage platforms for tapeless video workflows, today announces it has produced a comprehensive integration between MatrixStore and SGL.
The new integration uses the FlashNet APIs to provide a complete solution that enables organisations to move content seamlessly through broadcast workflows without having to manage the process. The movement of the content from MatrixStore to LTO or ODA platforms is managed by move2, an application from Object Matrix which will be released this summer.
The benefits of the combined solution are as follows:
- Configurable policy based data migration
- Automatically move content from MatrixStore nearline storage to any LTO or ODA library supported by SGL FlashNet
- Metadata is kept in MatrixStore to indicate the new location of data so that all archived and non-archived data can be accessed through a single interface
- Future proof. Multiple applications can access content archived by move2, e.g., DropSpot from Object Matrix can be used to view media assets even when they originated from 3rd party applications such as Avid Interplay
- Data and Metadata can be migrated to either LTFS or Tar formats
- Non-proprietary formats are supported from nearline storage to tape.
“This, deeper, integration was scheduled into our roadmap but brought forward at the request of our client base. Our customers want the choice of deep archive vendor and platform based on the workflow in hand. The SGL team has been incredibly open and supportive during the whole integration process. We look forward to continuing our excellent commercial and technical relationship.” Stated Nick Pearce, co-founder, Object Matrix.
MatrixStore acts as central nearline archive protecting content from multiple workflows and departments. The ability to quickly configure MatrixStore vaults with varied digital preservation policies enables the Object Matrix client based to chose where their data resides and how it will be protected.
“Disk based storage is an important part of the FlashNet archive offering” said Bernie Walsh, Joint MD at SGL, “we very much look forward to working more closely with Object Matrix in the coming years”.
Software Generation, Ltd is a privately held archive management software company headquartered in Fareham, England. SGL has been in business since 1989 and its flagship product is installed in over 4,500 customer sites around the world. More information can be found at http://www.sglbroadcast.com
About Object Matrix
Established in 2003, Object Matrix is a software company based in Cardiff (Wales, UK). Its acclaimed nearline product MatrixStore has been used in production since 2006 by broadcast, production, VFX, post-production and creative agency customers.
Object Matrix is comprised of a team of storage industry experts with a shared vision for high levels of data security combined with intuitive user interfaces. In addition to providing solutions and product integrations for the storage, search and retrieval of media assets, Object Matrix also provides consultancy, training, systems integration, and ongoing support services. http://www.object-matrix.com