(Burbank, California--August 12, 2014) The LightWave 3D® Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., today announced the Ultimate 3D Bundle, a special promotion pairing a new license of LightWave 11.6 with OTOY’s OctaneRender 2.0 software for the price of $1595, a combined savings of up to $500. Registered users of LightWave 10 or earlier can save up to $300 when upgrading to the bundle, which is priced at $995. The Ultimate Creativity Bundle is set to end September 30, 2014.
Mecha animated character modeled and rigged in LightWave 11.6 and rendered with OctaneRender 2.0
LightWave 11.6 3D modeling, rendering and animation software paired with OTOY’s OctaneRender 2.0, the world’s fastest GPU-based renderer that is both unbiased and physically-based, gives artists and designers a powerful, intuitive way to quickly create, animate and deliver projects with amazingly photorealistic detail. With LightWave 11.6 and OctaneRender 2.0 users can:
Skin model utilizing Micropoly Displacements in OctaneRender 2.0
The LightWave 3D Advantage
- Create stunning 3D images and animation of the highest possible quality, for everything from architectural visualization and product design to visual effects and motion graphics for television and film
- Experience up to 50x faster rendering speeds compared with traditional CPU-only rendering
- Integrate OctaneRender 2.0’s intuitive workflow seamlessly with LightWave
- Use OctaneRender’s real-time scene editor to change camera viewpoints, lights, materials and object positions for immediate viewing in the viewport
- OctaneRender 2.0 is included as both a plugin for LightWave and a standalone program
Created by artists for artists, LightWave 11.6 offers a complete end-to-end production pipeline for artists and designers to efficiently model, animate, capture, retarget, render, and input and output to 3D.
It features a robust set of 3D modeling and animation tools, including many award-winning, industry-first features like Sub-D modeling, Global Illumination, Geometry Cache (MDD), and Embedded Morph Targets (Endomorphs). LightWave also includes a full suite of artist-friendly tools that can be used to create an endless variety of 3D models, visual effects, and animation for all projects large and small.
Studios in Hollywood and around the world rely on LightWave to help deliver 3D content and visual effects under the most grueling deadlines. It is completely scalable—from single artist to teams—and its robust interchange tools and supported formats such as Alembic, Autodesk Geometry Cache, OBJ, Unity3D, ZBrush and more, make it easy to integrate into any 3D software pipeline.
Some of the many features of LightWave 3D include:
- Modeling – Robust polygonal sub-d modeler with real world units
- Surfacing – Stunning photoreal layer-based and nodal surfacing tools
- Rigging – Instant rigging presets with or without weight maps
- Object Referencing – Flexible object referencing architecture or ASCII scenes
- Animation – Procedural, nodal, flocking and keyframe animation tools
- Rendering – Integrated state-of-the-art renderer with unlimited nodes
- Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR) – Interactive shading, raytracing, DOF, motion blur, lighting and GI
- Bullet Dynamics – Fast and simple rigid and soft body Dynamics Engine
- Industry Standards – Supports Alembic, FBX, Autodesk Geo Cache, Python, DPX, ZBrush GoZ, After Effects, MDD, and OBJ
For more information about LightWave 3D software or the LightWave 3D Group, please visit: http://www.lightwave3d.com, Twitter
, Linked In
, or connect with us on Facebook
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit: http://www.newtek.com, Twitter
or connect on Facebook
- LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
- NewTek, TriCaster, 3Play and LightWave are trademarks of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.