(Montreal, British Columbia--August 25, 2014) BACK9NETWORK, a golf lifestyle television network based in Hartford, Connecticut, is working closely with Grass Valley, a Belden brand, for its launch on DIRECTV on Sept. 29. Grass Valley and Belden developed a customized suite of production solutions, backed by knowledge and experience from similar projects, to support BACK9NETWORK’s studio operations.
“We chose Grass Valley because their team brought the strongest, most flexible solution for our small, independent network,” said Charles Cox, chief executive officer at BACK9NETWORK. “The majority of our original programming will be studio-based, so it was essential that we select a partner that offered the right products and expertise for studio production and understood our entrepreneurial needs. With Grass Valley’s end-to-end solution, we now have the ability as a startup network to deliver over one thousand hours of first-run studio programming in year one—providing compelling content with the production quality that our audience demands.”
Another deciding factor for BACK9NETWORK was Grass Valley’s ability to provide a comprehensive solution with minimal training requirements. According to Harry Goldberg, vice president of engineering & operations at BACK9NETWORK, “a seamless, efficient workflow is essential with the network launch happening in a compressed timeframe.”
“We didn’t have time to work through vendor-to-vendor issues and needed to know that the system will work right out of the gate,” said Goldberg. “As we add more engineering and technical staff, we know there will be little to no learning curve because Grass Valley equipment is such an industry standard.”
BACK9NETWORK uses a variety of products from Grass Valley’s portfolio that encompasses acquisition through delivery:
- LDX Compact Première advanced imaging cameras are built for tight spaces, remote pan/tilt heads, and POV applications, delivering superior imaging, processing and performance.
- Karrera video production center 2 M/E switcher with K-Frame delivers superior performance with a wide variety of configuration options and features including 1080p 3G and 4K/UHD support.
- NVISION 8144 hybrid router, part of the NVISION 8500 Enterprise Class router series, operates reliably, integrates smoothly and upgrades readily to larger configurations and the latest capabilities.
- 3RU Densité 3 Frame simultaneously processes 3Gbps, HD/SD and analog video.
- K2 Summit 3G production client server delivers speed and stability for live event production.
- Vertigo advanced channel branding solutions provide highly versatile graphics automation and asset management tools that offer a choice of productive workflows, including prerendering using Adobe After Effects, and a choice of dynamic rendering models using graphics templates.
- Kaleido multiviewer offers unmatched picture quality, ultimate layout flexibility and precise signal probing capabilities.
- Belden cables deliver signal transmission solutions that provide the advanced performance and reliability needed to support mission-critical information systems, advanced communications networks, premise security systems and building automation and control systems.
- Belden racks meet security, availability and efficiency challenges.
“We’re thrilled to collaborate with the BACK9NETWORK team on the launch of this innovative network,” said Kyle Luther, director of sales, Eastern Region, Grass Valley. “The set of solutions we developed for BACK9NETWORK, combining workflow and infrastructure from Grass Valley with racks and cables from Belden, really demonstrates our leadership position in offering the industry’s broadest portfolio of truly end-to-end solutions.”
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit new.grassvalley.com.
About Grass Valley
The new Grass Valley keeps broadcasters, content owners and service providers future-ready as they navigate the changing landscape of television. With the most comprehensive collection of workflow solutions in the industry, Grass Valley delivers end-to-end television production and content distribution workflows that enable the efficiency and flexibility broadcasters need to stay competitive today—while offering technological foresight they need to keep pace with consumers’ desires for more content on more devices. Grass Valley, headquartered in Montreal, leverages the collective expertise and depth of the Grass Valley Group and Miranda Technologies, each having been acquired by St. Louis-based Belden Inc. Belden delivers a comprehensive product portfolio designed to meet the mission-critical network infrastructure needs of industrial, enterprise and broadcast markets. With innovative solutions targeted at reliable and secure transmission of rapidly growing amounts of data, audio and video needed for today’s applications, Belden is at the center of the global transformation to a connected world. For more information visit http://www.belden.com
is a golf lifestyle cable television network and media company based in Hartford, Connecticut. BACK9NETWORK was developed as a complementary alternative to traditional media's focus on professional golf tournament coverage. Focused on compelling storytelling, interesting personalities, features and fashions, interviews and instruction, travel, gear and much more, fans of all kinds will want to hang with the BACK9NETWORK. BACK9NETWORK.com
, the online clubhouse for BACK9NETWORK, delivers a fresh perspective on the golf lifestyle and its worldwide influence. BACK9NETWORK’S leadership includes respected and outspoken executives from the golf and media industries. For further information, visit http://www.BACK9NETWORK.com,
@BACK9NETWORK on Twitter or BACK9NETWORKTV's YouTube Channel