(Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom--September 11, 2014) Square Box Systems, developer of leading digital asset management systems, (DAM/MAM) has expanded the vital technology integrations that form the bedrock of effective media asset management, with the announcement of brand new integrations and workflow capabilities at IBC 2014, 12-16 Sept, Amsterdam (Hall 7.J15C).
CatDV media asset management software is valued by customers for its ease of ease of integration with a broad range of third party systems from leading technology vendors. CatDV integrates seamlessly with popular live production, media ingest, NLE software and hardware, as well as SAN/NAS storage, archive and content distribution systems – delivering confidence to customers wanting to control and automate their media management, archiving and distribution workflows, and giving them powerful toolsets to help them repurpose their media assets.
“CatDV delivers the most powerful set of media management tools, yet is one of the easiest products for partners to integrate with,” said Dave Clack, CEO of Square Box Systems. “The pragmatic approach, of playing well with others, has always underpinned CatDV, and helps to facilitate effective end-to end workflows. When customers invest in CatDV media asset management, they really can have genuine confidence it will work with a host of associated technologies from other leading vendors, from camera-to-post and delivery-to-distribution, as well as for all kinds of content reuse and repurposing.”
Among the highlights at IBC 2014 are significantly improved workflow capabilities between CatDV and Adobe® Premiere Pro CC editorial software and Adobe Anywhere® real-time collaborative platform, enabling the seamless sharing of content, plus the creation of highly-efficient production and editorial workflows.
Brand new technology integrations of CatDV with industry leading names include the following…
YouTube and Vimeo
– Square Box Systems has optimised the integration of CatDV with the world’s most popular online publishing/distribution platforms and video-sharing websites to streamline the upload of content with metadata.
– CatDV can now be used to quickly pull and push content using high-speed transfer solutions from Aspera, the well-known provider of high-performance data transfer and synchronisation software.
– helping to boost post-production efficiency, CatDV footage and metadata can be rapidly shared with Smoke, the leading NLE and finishing package from Autodesk.
– a brand new plug-in for Xendata, a leading developer of professional digital archive solutions, supports the seamless communication and updating of both CatDV and Xendata archive solutions.
– broadening the possibilities for successful archiving still further, CatDV now supports the Archiware P5 Archive plug-in, which is now shipping.
These integrations add to CatDV’s already broad range of media and broadcast collaborations that encompass: Adobe, Apple, Avid, Grass Valley, Facilis, SGL, SNS, Storage DNA, ASG/Atempo, Cache-A, Promax, Quantum StorNext, GB Labs Space, Archiware, Sony Optical Disk Archive, 1 Beyond, BRU and DAX, Nexidia, FileCatalyst, Focal Point Server, NewTek TriCaster and 3Play.
About Square Box Systems: Square Box Systems
is a privately-owned UK software company, specialising in media asset management and production workflow. Its popular CatDV application, launched in 2001, brings order to the chaos of media file management and enables content owners to more easily re-purpose and monetize their assets, via a powerful, user-friendly toolset and streamlined integration with a multitude of media workflow vendors. CatDV systems run on Mac and Windows platforms and are scalable from a single-user application to multi-user enterprise solutions, with convenient web and cloud-based capabilities. In 2012, Square Box Systems was awarded the prestigious Queen’s Award for Innovation, conferred by HM Queen Elizabeth II. CatDV has also won Creative COW
’s Blue Ribbon in 2010 for Best Asset Management Tool, and Videography Magazine
’s Best Of NAB 2010 Vidy Award. CatDV is sold globally through a network of distributors and resellers providing local installation, consultancy and support. http://www.squarebox.com