(Burbank, California--September 12, 2014) The LightWave 3D® Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., is offering a $695 (USD) crossgrade price for a full license of LightWave 11.6 software to current owners of other 2D and 3D software programs—a savings of $800 over the current $1495 (USD) retail price of LightWave. The $695 crossgrade offer is set to end September 30, 2014.
“Defiance“ image created with LightWave 3D software by artists at NBCUniversal. Image courtesy NBCUniversal and SyFy Network.
Details of the offer are available at http://www.lightwave3d.com/crossgrade_promo
Crossgrade pricing is available to all artists using other 2D and 3D software programs such as Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max and Softimage, Houdini, Cinema 4D, Modo, Unity, Zbrush, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, and more. Crossgrade pricing, however, varies in Japan. For more details, contact Dstorm at http://www.dstorm.co.jp
The LightWave Advantage
Created by artists for artists, LightWave 3D is award-winning software that offers an end-to-end production pipeline for artists and designers to model, animate, capture, retarget, render, and input and output to 3D. Some of the many features of LightWave 11.6 include:
- Modeling – Robust polygonal sub-d modeler with real world units
- Surfacing – Stunning photoreal layer-based and nodal surfacing tools
- Rigging – Instant rigging presets with or without weight maps
- Object Referencing – Flexible object referencing architecture or ASCII scenes
- Animation – Procedural, nodal, flocking and keyframe animation tools
- Rendering – Integrated state-of-the-art renderer with unlimited nodes
- Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR) – Interactive shading, raytracing, DOF, motion blur, lighting and GI
- Bullet Dynamics – Fast and simple rigid and soft body Dynamics Engine
- Industry Standards – Supports Alembic, FBX, Autodesk Geo Cache, Python, DPX, ZBrush Goz, After Effects, MDD, and OBJ
Artists are invited to test drive the software by downloading a full-feature 30-day trial version of LightWave 11.6 at http://www.lightwave3d.com/try_lightwave
2014 Oscar Nominee for Short Film (Animated) created entirely with LightWave 3D - "Possessions" by Shuhei Morita.
For more information about LightWave 3D software or the LightWave 3D Group, please visit http://www.lightwave3d.com
Follow us on social media at Twitter
. For the latest LightWave video tutorials and artists/studio profiles visit the OfficialLightWave 3D page on YouTube
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit: http://www.newtek.com, Twitter
or connect on Facebook
- LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
- NewTek, TriCaster, 3Play and LightWave are trademarks of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.