(Burbank, California--February 17, 2015) The LightWave 3D® Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., is offering a $695 crossgrade price for a full license of LightWave 2015 software to current owners of all other 2D and 3D software programs for only $695, a savings of $300 over the current $995 (USD) retail price of LightWave. The $695 crossgrade offer is set to end February 20, 2015. Details of the offer are available at www.lightwave3d.com/crossgrade_promo
Crossgrade pricing is available to all artists using other 2D and 3D software programs such as Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max and Softimage, Houdini, Cinema 4D, Modo, Unity, Zbrush, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, and more. Crossgrade pricing, however, varies in Japan. For more details, contact Dstorm at www.dstorm.co.jp
The LightWave Advantage
Created by artists for artists, LightWave 3D is award-winning software that offers an end-to-end production pipeline for artists and designers to model, animate, capture, retarget, render, and input and output to 3D. Some of the many new features of LightWave 2015 include:
- Bullet Constraints: Take control of dynamic simulations with new constraint types such as Point-to-Point, Hinge, Slider, Cone Twist, Spring and six degrees of freedom (DOF) constraint types.
- Importance Sampling: Greatly improve the quality of scenes lit by GI and HDR images or background lighting.
- Match Perspective Tool: Whether matching plates or simply placing objects in photographs, the new Match Perspective tool can quickly sync the LightWave camera to an original photo or plate.
- Genoma 2 Character Rigging System: A rapid modular rigging system, which at the base level is a complete rigging development kit (RDK), can be used to quickly rig characters for animation without the need to set up complex rigs from scratch. It also supports the use of Math Expressions and Scripts and includes new and improved human, feline, and arthropod preset rigs.
- Edge Rendering: Intersection Edges can now be drawn where geometry intersects on the same object and/or separate objects, allowing for more creative control over cel rendering. Use Patch Border Rendering to make Sub-Division patch borders visible in the renderer with the click of a button. It is perfect for modelers who want to showcase their mesh topology combined with the full render. Edge Buffer can be used to render all edges into their own buffer, allowing for post-process manipulation in compositing software.
- 64-Bit QuickTime Support: Loading and saving Quicktime movies is now possible to those using 64 bit versions of LightWave for Windows.
LightWave 2015 also includes new enhancements to the Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR) and introduces many new features and improvements such as Interactive Dynamic Parenting, Textured Falloffs in Modeler, Fiber FX, GoZ Multi-tool and Unity 5 support, and more. It also supports the latest interchange formats such as Alembic 1.5 and FBX 2015.
Artists are invited to test drive the software by downloading a full-feature 30-day trial version of LightWave 2015 at www.lightwave3d.com/try_lightwave
For more information about LightWave 3D software or the LightWave 3D Group, please visit www.lightwave3d.com
Follow the LightWave 3D Group on social media at Twitter
. For the latest LightWave video tutorials and artists/studio profiles visit the Official LightWave 3D page on YouTube
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
NewTek is based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit: www.newtek.com
or connect on Facebook
- LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
- NewTek, TriCaster, 3Play and LightWave are trademarks of NewTek.
Image info in descending order: New Match Perspective tool, Image Falloff feature, Genoma 2 advanced rigging,