(SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE--June 2, 2015) Aspera
, an IBM company, today announced that it will showcase its latest high-speed file transfer software innovations at BroadcastAsia (booth #5G4-08), June 2-5 in Singapore. Aspera co-founder and CEO Michelle Munson will share her insights into end-to-end live streaming for second screens at the conference.
Aspera to Showcase Aspera Files and Next-Generation FASP at BroadcastAsia 2015
The leader in next-generation video and data transport technologies, Aspera has implemented advanced transport and workflow solutions for broadcasters and media companies throughout Asia, including Amana/Polygon
, Arirang TV
, Australian Broadcasting Company
, Cinema Cloud
, CJ PowerCast
, Encompass Digital Media
, MTV Singapore
, Phoenix TV
, Vietnam Television
, and Weta Digital
On Thursday 4 June, Munson will give a presentation on “End-to-end live streaming for second screen combining multi-camera capture, high-speed transport, and cloud video processing” as part of the Cloud Distribution & Network Virtualization Track. Munson will examine revolutionary cloud-based content delivery workflows that address the growing demand for coverage of international sporting events, the broadcasting challenge of distributing content and on-demand transcoding for second screens.
At booth #5G4-08, Aspera will showcase Aspera Files
, a new SaaS offering for global media sharing built on the next generation of its FASP software platform. With Aspera Files, any organization small to large can establish a branded web-based presence for fast, easy and secure exchange and delivery of any size file-based media between end users across separate organizations, combining multiple storage platforms. Content can be stored and easily accessed in multiple cloud and on-premise storage systems, and sharing between users and trusted organizations is as easy as drag-and-drop regardless of where the content is located.
“The need to conveniently ingest, exchange, and distribute file-based digital media content quickly, securely, and with the scale-up capacity of cloud platforms is greater than ever,” said Munson. “Media companies throughout Asia are creating more high-resolution content and data sets than ever, with increasingly shorter turnaround times in highly competitive markets that also depend upon secure inter-company collaboration. Aspera Files solves all of the major barriers of the file exchange problem in this environment.”
Aspera will also showcase multiple breakthrough capabilities and advanced features powered by the next generation of FASP, allowing media enterprises of all sizes to meet variable data movement demands in real time with speed, control, security and ease, directly to cloud and on-premise storage.
- FASPStream transport expands Aspera’s FASP transport technology for live and near-live data streaming. FASP’s patented transport protocol achieves highly efficient bulk data transfer over IP networks, independent of distance and quality (round-trip latency and packet loss). FASPStream expands this capability to provide a fully reliable streaming protocol for in-order data delivery over Internet WANs with excellent quality and negligible start up delay.
- ascp4 is the next-generation Aspera file transfer binary introducing a new architecture for ultra high-speed transfer of small files in addition to large data sets. The architecture transfers up to one million files per minute for even the smallest file sizes (e.g. <10KB) and achieves > 5Gbps transfer rates for global RTT and packet loss conditions (200ms / 2%).
- Aspera Direct-to-Cloud Storage transfer capability moves even the largest (4K) media formats from source directly to object storage destination with native I/O for all major cloud storage providers with support for pause, resume, server-side encryption at rest in addition to client side and over the wire.
- Aspera Transfer Cluster Manager (ATCM) with Autoscale technology provides elastic scaling, a multi-tenant access key system for security and transfer reporting, and automatic high availability.
- A new Aspera WatchFolder Service powers high-volume automated file and directory transfers with advanced features for media workflows and content distribution. Built on asperawatchd, a new file system notification service designed for speed, scale and distributed change watching, watch directories can now cover huge file systems and large numbers of watch folders.
- Aspera Sync 3.6 also integrates asperawatchd technology to capture changes on any local or shared storage client host (CIFS, NFS, etc.) and aggregate all changes in real time in a single snapshot for speed on very large file systems. Bidirectional synchronization is now available on cloud storage as well as block storage.
- Aspera Console 3.0 for Centralized Management is built on a new architecture with the ability to precisely regulate reporting load as the number of transfer nodes increases, dramatically improving scalability, robustness, and timely transfer status for large deployments.
Aspera, an IBM company, is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented, Emmy® award-winning FASP® protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera’s core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets. Please visit http://www.asperasoft.com
and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft
for more information.