(Fremont, California--June 24, 2015) Blackmagic Design today announced that a variety of its products were used on some of the summer season’s biggest blockbusters and most anticipated films. DPs, VFX artists and colorists around the world continue to rely on Blackmagic Design to help deliver professional results.
Blackmagic digital film cameras were used to shoot scenes and stunt work in blockbusters such as Mad Max: Fury Road and Avengers: Age of Ultron. Fusion Studio was used for compositing and to help create action sequences for Spy and Barely Lethal. And DaVinci Resolve was used to grade highly anticipated films such as Tomorrowland and Magic Mike XXL.
About Blackmagic Design
- 5 Flights Up, Magic Mike XXL and Ricki and the Flash were graded by Joe Gawler of Harbor Picture Company with DaVinci Resolve;
- Avengers: Age of Ultron DP Ben Davis used multiple Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras to film stunt scenes;
- Barely Lethal and Spy were composited by Jeremy Nelson of Flash Film Works with Fusion Studio;
- Best of Enemies was graded by Andrew Balis for Different by Design with DaVinci Resolve;
- Diary of a Teenage Girl and Love & Mercy were graded by Tom Poole of Company 3 with DaVinci Resolve;
- Lego Brickumentary was graded by Chad Herschberger with DaVinci Resolve;
- Mad Max: Fury Road DP John Seale used Blackmagic Cinema Cameras for select scenes;
- Manglehorn was graded by Alex Bickel of Color Collective with DaVinci Resolve;
- Results was graded by Brandon Thomas of TBD Post with DaVinci Resolve;
- Slow West DP Robbie Ryan used Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera for additional shooting, with color grading done by Rob Pizzey of Goldcrest Post using DaVinci Resolve;
- Tangerine was graded by Luke Cahill of Different by Design with DaVinci Resolve;
- The Nightmare was graded by Andrew Balis of Wildfire Finishing with DaVinci Resolve;
- The Overnight was graded by Aaron Peak of Wildfire Finishing with DaVinci Resolve;
- Tomorrowland was graded by Stephen Nakamura of Company 3 with DaVinci Resolve.
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com