(August 24, 2015) SynthEyes 1508 Adds Powerful New Geometric Hierarchy Tracking. The main advance is an amazing new Geometric Hierarchy (GeoH) Tracking system. It's a powerful and flexible new toolset for tracking entire hierarchies of moving parts. For example, that might include arms, legs, heads, doors, or pizza boxes, and jaws, eyebrows, and bellies for secondary tracking.
- Directly tracks supplied meshes, or works from normal (supervised) trackers.
- Creates animated deformations of single meshes, animated assemblies of individual meshes, or both.
- Can be configured for arbitrarily deep and broad hierarchies.
- Can layer on top of regular moving-object tracks to add secondary animation.
- Integrates with motion capture shots to convert animated point clouds to joint angles, ie for the new BVH export.
- New BVH import for rapid setup from existing rigs in other applications.
- Quick mesh pinning tool for setup and field of view determination.
- Vertex setup by surface lasso, through lasso, and in-app paint tools, or imported images.
- Animated joint locking for editing paths, even changing kinematics during a shot. Distance lock for low-perspective shots.
- Handles self-occlusion and occlusion from other meshes.
- Garbage and alpha masking.
- New Alembic export, and updated exporters to support deforming meshes.
- New Hierarchy View and panel.
- Around 100 additional new features!
There are a dozen tutorials on the new features at https://www.ssontech.com/tutes/tutelatest.html
The free demonstration version of SynthEyes on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux can be downloaded starting athttps://www.ssontech.com/regis.html
* Pricing and Availability
The new version is available immediately. For in-support SynthEyes customers, the new version comes at no extra cost. Upgrade or renewal pricing for earlier SynthEyes customers varies depending on the details. Customers should see the online order page for specific upgrade and non-USD pricing for all versions. New licenses of SynthEyes Pro cost 499 USD. The cross-platform Pro license runs 599 USD. Floating Pro licenses are 699 USD each; there is a one-time per-site license manager/setup charge of 250 USD for floating licenses.
For students and hobbyists, an entry-level Intro version (https://www.ssontech.com/introlim.html
) is 299 USD. Purchasing is online or via listed resellers. A one-year site license for qualifying educational institutions is 495 USD (https://www.ssontech.com/educate.html
). Contact the company with particulars for information on volume licenses for student computers.
Follow us on Twitter at
SynthEyes Tutorials on