(Fremont, California--October 13, 2015) Blackmagic Design today announced that numerous Blackmagic Design products, including digital film cameras, Fusion Studio visual effects and motion graphics software, DaVinci Resolve Studio color corrector and online editor and more, are being used to complete brand new and returning hit fall television shows.
Top DPs, VFX artists, colorists and post production facilities rely on Blackmagic Design to help deliver more than 40 fall television shows. Blackmagic Design’s cameras, Fusion Studio and DaVinci Resolve Studio are being used to create shows from the top networks and cable channels, including some the most anticipated shows, such as The X-Files, Once Upon a Time, The Muppets and Heroes Reborn.
Fall TV Shows Using Blackmagic Design:
- DP Joel Ransom and 'A' Camera First Assistant Dean ej Friss use the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera on Fox’s The X-Files;
- DP Stephen Jackson uses Blackmagic Cinema Cameras on ABC’s Once Upon a Time;
- DP Giovani Lampassi uses the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K on Fox’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The production's DIT cart uses DaVinci Resolve Studio and an UltraStudio 4K capture and playback device for creating looks and live grading, as well as a SmartScope Duo 4K monitor for scopes and monitoring;
- DP Eliot Rockett uses Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras on NBC’s Grimm;
- DP Rohn Schmidt uses Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras on NBC’s Chicago P.D.;
- DP Christian Sebaldt, ASC, uses the Blackmagic Cinema Camera on CBS’ Rush Hour;
- DP David Tuttman uses the Blackmagic Cinema Camera on NBC’s Blindspot, and Zoic Studios I/O Manager An Dang uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to pull or transcode footage for the show;
- On CBS’ Blue Bloods, the show’s DPs use Blackmagic Production Camera 4Ks and URSA cameras;
- DP Rhet Bear and his team use HDLink monitoring devices on Fox’s The Grinder to apply LUTs to on set monitors and use Smart Videohub routers to distribute signals anywhere on set;
- Video Assist Engineer Michael Moretti uses a Smart Videohub 16x16 router and Battery Converters on ABC’s The Muppets to route camera feeds to numerous on set monitors, which is crucial since the puppeteers need to be able to see different feeds from different cameras at all times. He also uses a Smart Videohub 20x20 router on his video assist cart to distribute six camera feeds to the set, including the director’s monitors, the producer's monitors and to the Smart Videohub 16x16 for the puppeteers;
For Visual Effects:
- Inhance Digital VFX Supervisor Eddie Robison and his team use Fusion Studio for VFX work on NBC’s Grimm, AMC’s Hell on Wheels, Fox’s Minority Report and ABC’s Nashville;
- Intelligent Creatures Compositing Supervisor Eric Doiron uses Fusion Studio and DaVinci Resolve Studio to composite and grade for VFX on ABC’s Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder and The Catch, as well as on BBC America’s Orphan Black;
- Master Key Co-founder and President Elan Dassani uses the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K to shoot VFX plates for NBC’s Heroes Reborn in support of Stargate Digital’s VFX work for the show. In addition, Elan uses the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K to shoot VFX plates for ABC’s Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder and The Catch;
- Muse VFX Founder and VFX Supervisor Fred Pienkos and team use Fusion Studio to composite El Rey Network’s From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, MTV’s Teen Wolf and CBS’ NCIS: New Orleans in addition to other projects;
For Color Grading:
- Chainsaw Supervising Senior Colorist Todd Bochner uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade HBO’s The Leftovers;
- Company 3 Senior Colorist John Bonta uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade Fox’s Gotham and CBS’ Person of Interest;
- DigitalFilm Tree Colorist Patrick Woodard uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade ABC’s Mistresses, CBS’ NCIS: Los Angeles and CBS’ Rush Hour;
- EFILM Senior Colorist Jill Bogdanowicz uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade ABC’s Blood and Oil;
- Encore Senior Colorist Tony D’Amore uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade CBS’ Elementary;
- Encore Senior Colorist George Delaney uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade CBS’ Person of Interest;
- Encore Senior Colorist Kevin Kirwan uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade FX’s American Horror Story: Hotel and Fox’s Scream Queens;
- FotoKem Colorist Alastor Arnold used DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade the pilot of Starz’s Ash vs Evil Dead;
- Level 3 Post Senior Colorist Randy Beveridge uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade National Geographic Channel’s Breakthrough;
- Level 3 Post Senior Colorist Chris Boyer uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade NBC’s Blindspot and Mysteries of Laura, as well as ABC’s The Muppets;
- Level 3 Post Senior Colorist Ken Van Deest uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade The CW’s The Flash;
- Level 3 Post Colorist Mike Levy uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade ABC’s Nashville;
- Level 3 Post Senior Colorist George Manno uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade The CW’s Arrow, Fox’s Minority Report and ABC’s Once Upon a Time;
- Modern VideoFilm Senior Colorist Aidan Stanford uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade ABC’s Fresh Off the Boat;
- NXNW Colorist Sam Read uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade Syfy’s Z Nation;
- Technicolor PostWorks Colorist Bobbie Thomas uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade IFC’s Benders and FX’s Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll;
- The Loft Colorist and Owner Dan Judy uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to grade Fox’s Rosewood and The Last Man on Earth, IFC’s Portlandia and The CW’s The 100.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries.
Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows.
Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com.